Chapter 7

At the Ravencroft Institution, Naim finds himself confined in a cold and ominous place. Dr. Kafka, an Oscorp scientist, attempts to gain Naim's trust and offers to help him understand and control his newfound electrical powers. However, Naim is wary, recognizing the Oscorp technology and feeling suspicious of their true intentions.

After a few experiments to assess the limits of his powers, Naim christens himself Electro. Oscorp executive Donald Menken, who is scheming and ruthless, commands that Electro be shut down and placed back into a neutralizing water chamber.

Back at Khalish's house, Aunt Septi finds herself in the midst of Khalish's conspiracy web about his parents. Khalish, feeling frustrated and desperate for answers, confronts her about the truth of his origins. He demands to know why he was left on their doorstep without any explanation.

Septi appears conflicted, torn between her desire to protect Khalish and the need to reveal the truth. She reluctantly opens up and tells him that some government officials came to see them, claiming that Khalish's parents were traitors. This revelation shocks both of them, as it doesn't align with the loving memories they have of Salehuddin and Huda.

Septi explains that Salehuddin had a regular routine of taking the D train to work every morning at 7 am and coming home at 6 pm. This information only deepens the mystery surrounding Khalish's parents' disappearance.

Khalish, still searching for the truth, reassures Aunt Septi that he doesn't want to replace her, but he needs to understand his past and find out what truly happened to his parents. Septi, understanding his need for answers, relents and promises to help him in any way she can.

At Umai's penthouse, she looks visibly unwell, and Spender-Man tries to explain to her the dangers of using his blood as a cure. Umai, however, is desperate and doesn't care about the potential deadly side effects. She insists on obtaining Spender-Man's blood, no matter the cost, revealing that she is going over the edge in her desperation.

Khalish realizes that Umai has made a mistake, and he is torn between wanting to help her and understanding the risks involved. He tries to reason with her, but Umai remains adamant in her pursuit of a cure.

Meanwhile, Khalish's heartache continues as he watches Syu heading into her new school interview. Despite the pain, he musters the strength to wish her luck and show his support.

Feeling overwhelmed, Khalish seeks solace on top of Menara KL, watching the sunset. He takes his frustration out on his conspiracy web, tearing it apart in a moment of catharsis. In doing so, he accidentally breaks open a calculator that belonged to Salehuddin, revealing a stash of subway tokens inside.

Remembering Aunt Septi's mention of Salehuddin taking the D train, Khalish starts to piece together the clues. He researches online and discovers a secret subway station along the D line, possibly related to the data Salehuddin was trying to send to President Roosevelt in the opening chapter.

Meanwhile, back at Oscorp, Umai is in a drunken fit, believing that her fate is sealed since the super spiders were destroyed. However, she learns that Oscorp had extracted the venom as a fail-safe before killing the spiders. Determined to find the cache of venom, Umai begins combing through files, uncovering Menken's secret projects at Ravencroft.

As Umai watches footage of Electro, Menken bursts into her office, revealing that it was all a setup. He has been using Umai's security clearance to run off-books projects at Ravencroft and is now using the Electro incident to remove her from her position and take control of Oscorp.