Chapter 21~ Unreal

"Did I just hear that right, or am I losing my fucking sanity right now!?" I wasn't sure whether or not to ask River to repeat himself just to make sure I did hear him correctly. I anxiously turned to face him and look him in the eyes. I noticed that he was just sitting there, giving me a certain look that told me he was waiting for a response from me.

"Shit, quick y/n what do we say? I'm not even a hundred percent sure I heard him correctly" I rapidly scolded myself internally.

"Uhm I'm sorry Riv, I didn't quite catch that" I embarrassingly admitted whilst absentmindedly shaking my head. Still maintaining eye contact with River, I waited for him to repeat himself again. He paused for a moment, I got the sudden impression that he was immediately regretting whatever it was he had just said. I could see slight redness starting to form in his cheeks, causing my heart to melt in awe and smile kind-heartedly at him.

"Will... You... Go on a double date with me...?" He anxiously stuttered as he spoke and quickly turned back to face the road ahead and started the cars engine.
Fuck I really did hear him correctly. I did not see this coming. What's this double date thing about anyway? And who would we even be going with? My mind was racing with nothing but confused questions.

"Are you asking your best friend out on a date right now Riv? I chuckled. "Yes I will go on this double date with you... But who exactly are we going with?" I asked, trying to act as calm as possible. But little did he know I was internally freaking out right now. I mean what a coincidence, the night I finally realize my true feelings towards him he asks me out on a date!? It's like he knew or something.

"Wait really!?" He turned back to face me in complete shock.
"With Jaide and Ryan of course" he finally answered with a shy smile on his face.

"Oh okay, sounds good then" I agreed with the plans then ended the conversation there to let River focus on getting us back home. As usual I remained staring out my side window daydreaming about anything that came to mind until I felt myself slowly doze off.

- Arriving home -

River's POV:

As I finally arrived back home I turned the engine off. Confused to why y/n hadn't ran out of the car to get to the front door yet I looked over in her direction to see what was up. I felt my heart warm up a little as I saw y/n fast asleep in the passenger seat. I sat there for a moment, admiring her peaceful resting body before stretching my arm out and lightly shaking her to wake up. Surprisingly, she did not budge at all from this. I debated on shaking her a little harder to help wake her but hated the thought of startling her or even somehow hurting her, so I tried to come up with a different solution. I quietly got out of the vehicle and made my way over to y/n's side. I had came to the conclusion that I'd rather pick her up than shake her awake. So with that I proceeded to slowly open her door and carefully reach over to unplug her seatbelt. As I successfully undid the seatbelt she slightly moved whilst still fast asleep, causing me to quickly stop and see if she would wake up or not. She didn't. I proceeded to very carefully tuck one hand under her legs and the other around her back then slowly lift her out of the car. Y/n surprisingly did not budge from any of it either. I carried her bridal style to the front door and had to difficulty knock since I wasn't able to reach into my pocket to grab the house key anymore. Thankfully, Ryan rushed to open the door due to his panic of not knowing where heck y/n had wondered off too during the day and night.

"Thank God you found her!" My brother let out a relieving sigh as he saw that y/n was perfectly fine. Just then Wyatt rushes over from the editing room.

"Where was she dude?" He asked, looking as relieved as Ryan now.

"At her usual hangout spot she goes to when she needs to take a mental break... I'm just glad she introduced me to it's location the night before, otherwise I wouldn't of been able to find her..." I quietly stated to the two boys, still trying not to wake y/n.