Chapter 13 ( short )

It was morning, and Merletta was in a meeting in the meeting room with the festival and party planning committee about the spring festival and spring ball, the committee was mostly made of rabbit-like humanoid creatures. Arthur stood beside Merletta as she was talking to the festival and party planning committee.

Merletta: ( with a serious expression: ) Okay, people. We have less than two days to get everything ready for the spring festival. And we also have a week to get everything ready for the spring ball! So, let's get to work.

( Slight Time Skip, after the meeting )

The committee members left the room and Merletta pinched the bridge of her nose. Arthur let out a yawn that he was holding in since the meeting began.

Merletta: I swear, no matter how many festivals and balls preparations I've seen, they are always the same every year. ( Sighs ) Arthur, I'm going to take a breather, do me a favor and don't follow me.

Arthur: Lady Merletta, wait-

Merletta teleported out of the room and out of the castle to an underground pool somewhere far from the underground kingdom.

( A/n: This is where Merletta is and I don't own the image. And say " Lady Merletta " if you think something bad is going to happen. )

Merletta: ( sighs ) ( looks at her reflection in the water ) I wish I wasn't me...

( Back at the castle )

Arthur ran around the castle, looking for Merletta, when he saw " Joe ", Ballister, and Ambrosius in the hallway.

Arthur: Joe! Have you-

Arthur then became confused when he saw Joe walk out from behind a window curtain, and Nimona turned into a teenage girl and laughed at the look on Arthur's face.

Joe: ( to Nimona: ) You were totally right, dude. It is hilarious-

Arthur: Now's not the time for jokes! Lady Merletta left the safety of the castle alone without any protection!

Joe: Oh, dude, that's bad...

Ambrosius: Doesn't she have magic? Can't she use it to defend herself?

Arthur: Yes she does have magic, but she refuses to use it on people outside her duties of a Choice Giver.

Nimona, Ballister, and Ambrosius were confused about what a " Choice Giver " is.

Nimona: Choice Giver?

Joe: I'll tell you guys later. We need to send a search party fast.

Ballister: Why?

Arthur: As loved as Merletta is in Monstruon, there are some monsters that want to harm her. And she is forbidden to have any kind of weapon, so she is completely defenseless-

They heard small whimpers and turned to see that sweet little Wren was behind them, and had tears in her eyes, she had heard everything.

Joe: ( to Wren, trying to keep her calm: ) It's okay, Wren. I'm sure Merletta will be okay.

Arthur: I'll send the search party, Joe you stay with Wren and inform the king.

Ambrosius: ( to Arthur: ) We'll go with you.

Ballister: We might not be from around here, but it's always good to have extra pairs of eyes.

Nimona: or in this case... ( Turns into a wolf ) have a shape-shifter that can track her down.

Arthur: ( groans before giving in ) Fine, but you stay out of trouble. Let's go.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜