𝟕 | 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

_________🦋_________

Wooyoung slowly opened his eyes. His eyelids felt heavy and a dull pain ran through his head.

Still not having arrived at reality, Wooyoung looked around and spotted the familiar eyes of his best friend immediately. His eyes looked at him piercingly and full of worry.

"What happened?," Wooyoung murmured in a hoarse voice. He didn't understand why he felt this way, nor why he was here.

Hongjoong's face grew more and more sorrowful and Wooyoung got a lump in his throat at the sight of him. Slowly, he got up. "Can't you remember what happened yesterday?", Hongjoong wanted to know. His voice was also filled with worry.

Wooyoung slowly shook his head.
"No." he said, looking at him questioningly. Hongjoong bit his lips as he recalled the previous evening.

....

Hongjoong was just cleaning up and ending the exhausting night when someone entered the bar.

Hongjoong's eyes darted over to him and when he recognized Wooyoung in his arms, he widened his eyes in shock. "What happened?" he called, and ran over to the two. Immediately his hands cupped Wooyoung's face and he tried to make eye contact, but Wooyoung was unconscious and not moving.

"I found him outside, some guys tried to rape him," the guy spoke.
His words echoed in Hongjoong's head for a while. He quickly put Wooyoung's arm around him to support him as well. "What kind of guys? Did you know them? Where are they?," Hongjoong asked suddenly with an inward rage that almost made him freak out.

"Don't worry I made sure they won't come back." Hongjoong raised an eyebrow and now took Wooyoung all the way to him. "How can you be so sure they won't come back. You should have called the police." he said a bit furious. The guy rolled his eyes.

"There was no time for that and if I ever see them here again I will personally make sure they never see the light of day again."

Only now did Hongjoong realize the frustration and concern in his eyes.

Gently, Hongjoong took Wooyoung's chin between his fingers and turned his face toward him, but Wooyoung had his eyes closed as before. "What's wrong with him?" he asked, close to tears at this sight.

"I think he drank too much," he got in reply. "Wooyoung doesn't drink. He can't stand alcohol." The guy seemed to think, then put on an even more worried face. "Then he's been dosed with something." Hongjoong swallowed. "I'll take him to my place. Thanks." was all he said before leaving the bar with Wooyoung in his arms.

...

Hongjoong took a deep breath before he began to talk and told Wooyoung the entire story. When he reached the end, Wooyoung just sat quietly on the bed and he began to frown.

"I almost called the ambulance yesterday. It's the best if we go to the doctor and then the police now.", Hongjoong said and was about to stand up, but Wooyoung grabbed his wrist. "No leave it I'm fine." Hongjoong saw clearly that he wasn't. "Woo..." he spoke softly but Wooyoung closed his eyes. "Really I don't want to make a big deal out of it."

Hongjoong took both of Wooyoung's hands in his. "Please at least let a doctor examine you to know what you've been given." Wooyoung shook his head. "It's embarrassing enough." Hongjoong sighed and forced Wooyoung to look at him. "It's not your fault. And you don't have to be embarrassed either, but please let's at least go see a doctor just to be safe."

Slowly, Wooyoung nodded because he knew Hongjoong wouldn't change his mind. Hongjoong took him in his arms and Wooyoung rested his head on his shoulder. He had to hold back his tears because he didn't want Hongjoong to worry any more.