𝟏𝟕 | 𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲

"Seonghwa, I think I have something to tell you."

_______🦋________

Seonghwa stared at Hongjoong tensely. "What?" Seonghwa asked, as Hongjoong was silent. Hongjoong took a deep breath.

"I..well..uhm....it's like this," he stuttered, falling silent again.
Seonghwa raised an eyebrow.

"I was going to say that I'm glad. Right.", Hongjoong then said very quickly and gave Seonghwa a fleeting smile as he turned away and walked out of the room through the door behind the bar.

He slapped his head several times and began to curse. Had he really just almost confessed to him?
"Hongjoong you're so stupid," he muttered. He had almost put his whole friendship with him at risk.

The door opened and Wooyoung stepped into the hallway. "Are you alright? I saw you go out." Hongjoong gave Wooyoung a searching look for help. He grabbed Wooyoung by the shoulders and shook him. "Please Wooyoung take him away from me, I can't take it anymore," he whined, faking some crying noises.

Wooyoung looked at him distraught and confused. "What are you talking about?" he asked after finally breaking free of Hongjoong's grip.
"I'm talking about Seonghwa.", Hongjoong said, looking down in embarrassment.

Wooyoung suddenly understood then grinned. "Hongjoong I told you from the beginning to stay away from him and not to get your hopes up." Hongjoong looked up and glared at Wooyoung. "You're really comforting me Woo." Wooyoung shrugged his shoulders. "That's just how it is when you fall in love with a taken man."

Hongjoong crossed his arms and looked offended at his best friend.
"I never said I was in love with him. Besides, I can't help my feelings and Seonghwa is always so clingy and cute, what can I even do?"

Wooyoung was still grinning as he sighed and without saying a word the look he made spoke the words, 'I told you that from the beginning.'

Hongjoong nudged him.
"No honestly Woo. What would you do if you were in my situation?" Wooyoung pondered. "The best thing is for you to confess your feelings to him and don't see him again until you get over him."

Painfully, Hongjoong wailed out. "However, I think that might take a long time for you to get over him," Wooyoung laughed. He turned toward the door. "Forget about him Hongjoong, he's not meant for you, you said so yourself. Otherwise he wouldn't have Joshua," Wooyoung said.

"And what if Joshua isn't the right one for him?" Wooyoung turned back around. "Oh yeah, and you're the right one?" Hongjoong shrugged his shoulders. "Well I...", Wooyoung didn't let him finish. "Seonghwa is the one who decides who's right for him. Besides, he and Joshua are totally a dream couple."

Hongjoong made an offended expression. "Says who?" he muttered more to himself but Wooyoung heard it. "I can understand that you don't like Joshua much because you're jealous, but he's still a perfect match for Seonghwa."

Hongjoong rolled his eyes. Wooyoung was starting to seem annoyed. "What's wrong with you Hongjoong? You're not usually like this, even to people you hate more than anything." Hongjoong snorted. "Nothing I just don't like him," he said. "You don't even know him," Wooyoung objected. "Neither do you," Hongjoong replied and there was silence for a while.

"Whatever.", Wooyoung sighed and yanked open the door. "We have to keep working," he said and Hongjoong frowned. "No please don't, then I have to see Seonghwa again." Wooyoung annoyedly grabbed Hongjoong by the collar and pulled him behind him, back into the crowded room.

Luckily for Hongjoong, they had so much to do for the rest of the evening that there was no chance to talk to Seonghwa. He glanced at him several times, but fortunately Seonghwa didn't notice.