𝟐𝟏 | 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧

_______🦋________

Seonghwa sat at the bar and stared holes in the air. He had no idea what to think.

"Ask your parents. Ask them why I can't leave you and why I've stayed tortured by your side for a year, putting up with your annoying, clingy ways every day."

Seonghwa had no idea what Joshua meant. What did his parents have to do with all of this? Frustrated, Seonghwa let his face slide into his hands.

Someone nudged him. "Hey are you okay?" Seonghwa turned around and looked at Wooyoung. Wooyoung saw his sad look. "I don't have to work for a few minutes shall we go out for a bit?" Seonghwa nodded dejectedly and Wooyoung pulled him to his feet.

Together they walked past the people who were already there and walked to the back exit. Outside, they stopped and Seonghwa leaned against the wall of the house. Wooyoung waited until Seonghwa started to speak.

"It's just... Joshua said something to me and I don't understand it." Wooyoung was a little surprised since he had expected it to be because of Hongjoong. "What did he say?" Seonghwa shook his head. "Not important, but we just don't get along anymore."

Thoughtfully, Wooyoung leaned against the wall of the house as well. "What do you mean?" he wanted to know. But before Seonghwa could answer, someone interrupted them. "Oh, here you are Woo," Hongjoong said as he peeked out the door. Then his eyes fell on Seonghwa.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt," he muttered quickly. Seonghwa took a step forward. "No it's fine we were done anyway. I'll see you later." he said quickly and walked off. Wooyoung looked after him in confusion while Hongjoong lowered his eyes. Probably Seonghwa was trying to avoid him.

Wooyoung walked to Hongjoong and patted his shoulder. "It will be alright Joong." then he walked inside and Hongjoong followed him.

________________

With a queasy feeling, Seonghwa unlocked the door and entered the big house. He was afraid to talk to Joshua, but eventually they had to talk. He saw Joshua's shoes in the hallway, so he was home. Seonghwa took off his own shoes and jacket and walked with quiet steps to the kitchen and then to the living room. Joshua was actually sitting on the couch eating something. Seonghwa took a deep breath and walked to the couch. Then he sat down. Joshua didn't even look up and just kept chewing.

"What do you want?" he asked, annoyed. Seonghwa had no idea why he was still so pissed. "We need to talk," Seonghwa said. "Don't feel like it," Joshua muttered. "You said yourself we need to talk:", Seonghwa got upset. Finally Joshua looked up.

"Seonghwa leave me the fuck alone or do you really want us to break up?" Seonghwa sighed. "Tell me what you meant when you mentioned my parents..." Joshua sat up and slammed the plate he was holding on the table in front of the couch. Then he looked at Seonghwa piercingly. "Fine." he said coldly. "You know they made a deal." Seonghwa nodded. "That my parents will take care of us while we're here and in return yours will be there for us when we go back to the US. But I don't understand-" Seonghwa was interrupted. "That was only half of the deal." Seonghwa raised an eyebrow.

"My parents have a business contract with yours. Both your parents and mine benefit from it, and your parents promised to take care of us in return." Seonghwa only became more confused and stared at Joshua. "Okay but what does that have to do with us?" Joshua rolled his eyes while looking at Seonghwa annoyed. "Do you think I can just break up with you like that? Your parents would break the contract and mine would lose a lot of money."

Seonghwa gulped, not knowing what Joshua was getting at. "So it's all about money?" Joshua scoffed and leaned against the sofa. "Yes our parents think only about money." Suddenly, Seonghwa grabbed Joshua's arm. "But that doesn't have to have anything to do with us as long as we stay together..." Joshua slapped his hand away.