Chapter 10: Alpha Jake?

Recap: “You’re the Crazy Stalker? The one that watches me and that I saw on like the first day I was here?” He nodded, “Gross! You didn’t even ‘accidently’ meet me. You know I sing in the shower! I barely whisper-sing in the shower! Wow!” He looked down as his cheeks flushed with color, Oh he’s so cute! Wait! No! I’m mad at him, but it’s so hard to be mad.

                “I’m sorry, I didn’t know when to meet you, it’s so hard to find a good time to just pop out of nowhere and say ‘hi’, please understand.” He said his voice strained I nodded at him and said, “I understand” Than he hugged me but quickly let go.

                “Well, now I need to introduce you as my mate to everyone.” He stated.

                “Oh Goodie!” I replied. He chuckled. There was a platform right at the back of the house and there were a few people on it that were probably high ranking wolves. I could tell by their face, and smell. SMELL? Okay this is weird. I looked at Jake and grabbed his hand; it seemed like the proper thing to do. Wrong. People around us gasped and started whispering but before the word could spread any faster a man spoke,

                “Hello, My follow Qay people, as you know tonight we introduce a new member to our pack,” he said this warmly and smiled at me and said, “Hello, Kristen, I am Alpha John Lockhart,” He said this in a full alpha tone and everyone but Jake and I bowed, he looked at Jake and I in confusion, and then saw us holding hands. His smile never faltered, ‘’I welcome you to this get-together the pack is having today. Would you like to come and introduce yourself for the sake of all the pack members here?” I nodded and started walking up, releasing Jake’s hand, but he kept following me. I heard a few wolf whistle’s and Jake growl. Jealousy is never a good thing. I wanted to make a good first impression so I looked up with confidence and took every step with even more confidence. I could speak in front of any size crowd and it had never bothered me before.

                I reached the platform and stepped up to it, Jake close behind, I went to the center. There was no microphone so I guess I would wing it. Here goes nothing,

“Hello everyone,” I began. So far so good, “My name is Kristen but you probably all know that. I am fifteen almost sixteen; my birthday is September 2 which is almost here. I want to thank all of you for inviting me to this wonderful party,” I looked at John he looked like he needed to speak so I ended, “I don’t want to keep you all long listening to me, because I can be pretty boring. Alpha is their more you would like to say?”  He nodded and mouthed ‘thank you’ while a lady on the stage pulled me back to the back were she had been standing.

                “Now that everyone has met Kristen I would like to proceed to another main event of this evening, I have told no one of the decision I have made. You all know my mate died while pregnant with our son,” He choked up but didn’t cry, “Twenty-four years ago. I cannot be Alpha forever and it is time a new alpha is picked. I have chosen, and tonight he will become Alpha,” Everyone gasped, but John continued, “his brother will take his place in his last position, and he will chose a girl to be his mate, if he has found his true mate or not.” the words were harsh on his tongue, “If she refuses him, he will not become alpha.” He paused and people started full out yelling. There was so much confusion until,

                “Enough!” Jake bellowed in a loud Authority Tone. Everyone stopped and starred at him dumbfounded, he looked just as shocked, “M-M-Me?” He stammered.

                “Yes, you are now Alpha Jake Shaw.” John said that started a full uproar from the people. They shouted things like,

                “HE’S TO YOUNG, YOU IDIOT!”

                “WHAT IF A WAR STARTS? CAN HE LEAD US?”

                “WAS THAT HIS DECISION TO MAKE?”

                “Enough!” This time John said it and out of habit all the people bowed, but not at John, but at Jake! So it wasn’t habit, they could feel the furry come off Jake in waves and were trying to calm him. John turned to Jake, “Who do you chose to be your mate?” He asked.

                Without hesitation Jake responded, “Kristen Pierce.” Everyone gasped and Danny ran forward and punched his brother,

                “How dare you? You can’t have her as your mate, you selfish, asshole! You want her power!” He punched him again and again saying other stupid remarks until I could take it no further I walked up to Danny, picked him up with one arm and swung him off the stage, again people gasped, I bent down to Jake’s bloody body ,

                He looked me in the eyes and said, “I’ll do anything for you, you know?”

                “I know” I smiled at him and stood up helping him up in the process. Danny just looked confused and hurt.

                “Do you accept his offer, Kristen?” John said, I looked at him for a second than turned back to Jake,

                “Yes” I breathed than I did something I will never forget; I leaned in and kissed him, smack dab on the lips. It didn’t last long enough because Danny was back on the stage punching Jake saying things like, ‘My own brother’. He stopped after three punches and turned to me accusingly,

                “You Idiot! Did you not here me talk about Jake!?! You have to find your true mate or you’ll just get hurt.” He said his words bitter.

                “Well for your Information, I did find my true mate! He asked me if I would be his mate and I said YES!! Oh did, I mention you just beat him up, your alpha, your own alpha, but he isn’t just that he’s your brother! And if you would have known better you would have pieced it together! Think about it! Jake had no interest in girls, I come along, and I’m a girl. He didn’t start sneaking out till after I came, He talks to me like I’m his whole world! If I didn’t know better I would think he’s already in love with me!” More people gasped. CRAP!! I did that in front of everyone!

                “I am in love with you.” I turned around to see Jake leaning against the wall groaning but looking me straight in the eye. I melted and fell. Hard. In just Five seconds I was in love with Jake Shaw! I blushed and kept looking him straight in the eye,

                “I love you too.” I said. He smiled so wide I thought his whole face would burst.

                “Want to get ice cream and talk about things later?” Jake looked at me as he said those words slowly.

                “Ya, but let me meet everyone I can first.” I smiled sweetly at him. He got up and walked into the house to wash up. I saw Danny just starring again than he mumbled a sorry, that was definitely not enough!

                “Go and help your brother clean up and apologies to him.” I said quietly. By the tone of my voice he knew he was forgiven, and went to help Jake.

                After what felt like hours and hours of talking to everyone, I was done. I looked at my watch. That took two and a half hours to talk! YIKES! Jake had come back out half a hour after going in the house to clean up his bruises which were know almost healed.

                Time for my ice cream!

***********************************************************************************************************************

                Hey everyone! I didn’t think I would be able to update this soon but I was! This is un-edited, so please bare with me! Remember to Comment and VOTE!  (Please 5 Votes or no chapter 11)

K to the C, Peace! (lol good times….)