Chapter 22: Deserving It

Luke’s POV

                “Is he dead yet?” The evil bastard asked me. I bent down over my nephew’s body and felt a pulse.

                 “Yes, Steve, he is dead.” Hopefully the pile of crap would not check, but I had played my part well, and he trusted me; I was so sick and tired of him bossing me around. He made me do the dirty work at Joey’s , and left me there, but I just asked her if she was good at acting, and if she would pretend she was hurt and raped, than I did the makeup for her stomach and sent her back to Indiana for Will to see. Steven intended me to do that to a girl. I would and could never hurt a girl that way, that’s when I realized I was working for the wrong side, and changed. I deserve to die, and I would have let Will kill Steven and then me if Steven would not have forced me to help him. He made me do all the work, all of it! I had to get rogues together for a fight, I had to make all the arrangements for Katie’s kidnapping, and I had to do the dirty work in killing Quincy and Will’s brother. He had his dirty little hands cleaned by me! I am such an idiot! He did not do anything; he just had me do it so he would not get in trouble. I deserved to die. Steven walked back inside of the house, probably to get a drink of water. I leaned over Will’s body and gently patted him. I had enough common sense not to shake him because I might cause worse damage. His eyes flattered open and He starred at me in confusion.

                “Well, you’re sure as hell not the last thing I want to see before I die.” He said bitterly. With what he thought I did to his mate; I agreed with him.

                “Then don’t die.” I said in a ‘Duh’ tone. He looked at me with more shock.

                “Why am I not dead?” He asked.

                I decided to taunt him some more, “Same reason I’m not dead; I’m breathing.” I shrugged my shoulders. I needed him to get mad at me so his strength would return.

                “Cut to the chase, Luke.” He growled.

                “Fine,” I said I threw him some torn jeans and a tee, and the key to his car, “Go warn Kristen, because ‘We’re coming.’” I snickered, and he looked at me confused then understanding dawned on his face, and he jumped up and left. I didn’t even have to tell him I was his uncle. Sweet, they less he knows the better. I set a pile of wood on fire that looked like a body, and went back in the house to get Steven for his ‘Surprise’ attack on Kristen.

                “Let’s go.” He said while walking out the door I just came in, but before we left a pink car came into the drive way. Steven cursed under his breath.

                “Stop the car.” He said, “Oh, and Luke, get the pack ready.” I called up Daryl to tell him to start his attack. His pack of wolves would drive to Washington and surprise attack Jake’s pack, and take Kristen. I hung up in enough time to see Steven and this slut arguing. I never thought Steve went for the easy target, but here he proved me wrong as he leaned in and kissed her on the lips. He whispered something in her ear and she nodded and hopped in the back of my car while Steve just starred off into space for a few moments until I honked the horn, I could have been killed for that little stunt, but he needed me too much. He hopped in the car still a little dazed. He turned to me.

                “Luke, I’d like you to meet my mate Jenny.” He smiled. I would be disgusted if that whore was my mate, “she will be accompanying us to Washington to encounter Jake’s pack, and we have a change in plan.” He smirked at me, “You get her.” I felt the bile rise in my throat. What did he mean? I was not following this plan if it involved what I think it did. I promised myself I would never hurt a girl after what happened… but I couldn’t think about Shianne right now. Shianne, I shouldn’t have thought her name.

                I thought back to when we were bare foot kids running around her yard. How we grew up best friends, her annoying little sister that had a crush on me, --I felt something for her, but didn’t feel it at the time—tagging along. When we were fifteen and we confessed our love for each other, our first kiss, everything came back. How the night I changed she was right there so she could be the first girl I looked at. We were so sure she was my mate, but she wasn’t. I broke her heart when I laid my eyes on her sister and the world stopped spinning. I just left Shianne, I stopped thinking about her. The night I told her I proposed to her sister she killed herself. I was so stupid. I vowed that I would never hurt another girl the way I hurt Shianne, and that means I wouldn’t hit a girl either. My mate died leaving me alone, and my brother was already dead so I had no one to turn to; when Steven came and told me his plans I readily agreed. I deserve to die, but having Steven kill me would do Will, and Kristen no good so I had to stick with the plan.

                “I wouldn’t have it any other way, sir.” I gulped. I was disgusted with myself; I can’t believe I even followed him in the first place. How many people had I hurt, or even killed?

                “Good.” Steven said. The rest of the car ride went by slowly even though I had my foot on the gas and was flying through each state like a tornado.

**********************

So let’s get this straight, Luke was a bad guy, but then he finally came to his senses and realized what he was doing was wrong. I usually don’t like to write in other character’s POV but this was necessary and I only do it a few times so I don’t want to write third person because I know I’ll screw up. I proof read this and tried to fix errors! Hope you like it! Oh, and guys, I have decided when I am done with this book I am going to go back and re-write it not just edit! I see some parts in my story I rushed and need to fix :) It would go into greater detail about things like Danny and Jake, and possibly Will. I am going to not write in different Povs when I re write it just this little bit in Will’s and Luke’s, I might, but this was just for your entertainment (these chapters of Will’s Pov, so you could understand what was happening better:) Tell me what you think! Oh and I entered Watty Awards!!! So please,

FAN!

COMMENT, AND

VOTE!!

(Next chapter is where I left off with Kristen! Oh, and I’m sorry for the short updates, this is all I could get out of my finger because of my poison ivy:)