Chapter 24: Unprepared to the death

Recap:

                I gulped, “Yes, I have to go tell Jake he will need time to calm down.” I ran from the room, and went down the stairs out the door, “Jake!” I screamed. He was leaning against his car giving orders to his pack, “Jake, the guy that’s with Luke is—“

                “Steven Shaw.” A voice that I had never heard before said. Then all Hell broke loose.

***

                I slowly turned around to see who said that, and I nearly died of fright. This huge guy with monster arms, and a million tattoos blocked my way. What a nice why to meet someone, ‘hey, I’m going to kill you now! Goodbye!’ My eyes quickly went to his face and I nearly broke out laughing. Seriously, what type of villain doesn’t have a scar on his left eye? It was right there as plain as could be, as if this guy already didn’t scream ‘Monster!’Maybe I should be thinking about the fact that this guy wants to kill me because Jake was. He launched himself at the big beefy guy and didn’t even change into his wolf before he rammed into the guy. They both went to the ground, and Jake was about to rip his head off when I whimpered. He immediately let go of the guy; his face showing no regret, and that frightened me the most. He was just going to kill that guy! Even I’m smart enough to know we need that guy to answer questions so I decided to play frightened so Jake would stop. Clever right? Wrong. Jake looked back at the guy, and thought he had caused me pain so he went back down for the kill.

                “Enough, Jake!” I shouted before he actually killed the guy, “We need answers from him.” I always wanted to say something creepy like that, but know was not the time to celebrate this was serious.

                A look of understanding came over Jake’s face and he picked the guy up and shoved him on the porch, “Tell me everything.”

                The big guy just chuckled, “No, I don’t think I will. This is war and I want a fight.” He sneered Jake punched him in the gut with a fierceness I never wanted to see again; he was scarring me a bit. Jake sat down and Danny started grilling the guy for answers. After a few new cuts, and some broken bones the guy complied, “Alright, I was hired by Steven Shaw to gather rogues to attack the pack that had Kristen! This is war, boys attack!” He shouted, and then out of nowhere werewolves swarmed in. Jake quickly pulled it together, and his pack changed into werewolves and were fighting in no time. I don’t remember what exactly happened, but one of the wolves –Danny I think—took me back into Jake’s room where I scurried to the window to watch the fight, and make sure no one I knew was hurt. I couldn’t see anything but fur flashing around, but then, suddenly, everything stopped, all of the wolves stopped fighting, and a few lay dead, but I didn’t want to look to see who they were.  I saw why everyone had stopped fighting to; Steven Shaw had just gotten out of a car, followed by that woman, if you could even call her that, we met bowling and a skinny guy with brown hair that was probably Luke.

                “You have made it clear,” Steven’s voice boomed, “that you will not give up Kristen so we must fight you.” His eyes made their way up to the window I was seated by and he winked at me. My stomach twisted into a knot, and somehow I managed not to puke. His voice did not help this situation at all; it was calm and he spoke in a guaranteeing manner.

                Jake had changed back into his human form, and was naked so I turned my head away and blushed when I looked back up he had on a pair of jeans and no shirt. He was also shaking with rage, “Why are you such a heartless b******!” He yelled. I wish he would have said Jerk, but I am very angry at Steven so I don’t care; he deserves worse, “Why did you do this to your family? Why are you doing this to me?” His voice showed no weakness, no fear, and certainly no respect.