Prolouge

December 7 1941,

James woke up, it was seven in the morning on a Saturday. James got his tooth brush and brushed his teeth. 

Although he didn't want to his father tells him to every day to brush his teeth or your breath will smell worse than trash, 

James's father had served in WWI and he told James that everyone in the trenches breath smelled so foul that it could be a new type of gas. 

James got to the living room and started watching when his father walked in and said, "James did you hear the news!" 

James responded a little worried, "No father, what happened!?" 

James father switch the channel where President Roosevelt gave a speech.

/YESTERDAY, December 7, 1941 a date which will live in infamy the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan./

"The empire of Japan, attacked us?" James's mother said worried

"The empire of Japan, attacked us?" James's mother said worried. "Yes and we have officially joined the war. They are calling out men to become troops for the U.S. Army." said James father.

*What if they attack here, my family and friends. Why did they have to attack us! I have family in Hawaii, I swear those Japanese are going to pay!* James thought with an angry look and worried face. 

later that night when they were going to bed, James could hear his parents talking about him.

"I don't want my baby boy to go fight, I almost lost you because of a war I don't want to lose my son too. Please John don't let him go." said James mother crying in her bed. 

"Martha I don't want him to fight in this war, I don't want him to fight like I did. But you know he is eighteen now, we can't stop him even if we tried. If he wants to sign up then I will take him, he will be safe I promise." responding to his crying wife while hugging her. 

She then prayed, "God please, keep my son safe, make him come home to us. please."