Chapter 4 - Catching the three runaways

Ash, Pikachu, and Greninja finally reached Professor Laventon who sighted and said "Alas... Yet another miss!" "Professor!" Ash called which immediately gained Laventon's attention.

Laventon turned around and smiled "Aha! I'm glad you've come to my rescue, my new friend from the sky!" Laventon praises "No problem professor!" Ash replied "Pika!" Pikachu cried smiling "Greninja!" Greninja also cried. Laventon then, crossed his arms and sighted "I tried catching my little runaways by tossing some Poké Balls their way, but I'm not the best at this sort of thing, you see...." Ash frowned and offered "Maybe I should catch these pokemons! I'm lucky to have two of my pokemons incase these guys attacks us" and smiled.

Professor Laventon smiled "I'd love to give you a go at it, but perhaps I should tell you a bit about these three first?" He prevented "Ok" Ash replied Laventon turned around "Now, that one is Rowlet!" He pointed "I had an Rowlet during my time in Alola" Ash said.

"Rowlet can photosynthesize like a plant, and apparently it battles using its sharp feathers." Professor Laventon expounded "Krooo!" Rowlet cried "That one over there is Cyndaquil!" Professor Laventon pointed "I have an Cyndaquil which evolved into a Quilava!" Ash said.

"The fire burning on Cyndaquil's back will flare up whenever it is surprised or irate." Laventon expounded "Fooom!" Cyndaquil cried.

"The pokemon near the pond is Oshawott." Professor Laventon pointed "Oshawott is amazing! I have that as my Pokemon during my time in Unova!" Ash said smiling. "Oshawott naps while floating in the water, it can battle using the shell-like object on it's belly." Laventon expounded "Plish plash!" Oshawott cried.

"Oh my! I nearly forgot to cover the most crucial thing-how to go catching Pokemon!" Laveton said he gave Ash 50 Poké balls luckily Pikachu managed to get off of Ash's shoulder just in time.

Ash struggled to carry 50 pokéballs so he made a plan "Greninja give the Arc phone to Pikachu to hold, and you carry 50 pokéballs..." He mumbled Greninja nodded and gave the Arc phone to Pikachu and held 50 pokéballs, Ash took one and looked at the pokéball.

The Pokéball was different from Ash's time, Ash was surprised to see a pokéball made by ancient people from long time ago.

"Here you are, my boy: Poké balls! Throw these at Pokémon to catch them!" Laventon offered. "Ah, but that won't do for an explanation, will it? I do apologise. Let me be more thorough." He demonstrates "Ok!" Ash accepted "Even though I already know this since I've been a pokémon trainer for a long time..." Ash thinked.

"Now, I've mentioned already that Pokémon are strange, marvelous creatures." Laventon explained "What's so strange about them?" Ash quizzed "What's so strange about them, you ask?" Laventon questioned "Well, each and every Pokémon is able to shrink itself down to minuscle size! Laventon explained.

"And that's where Poké balls come in!" Laventon added "Cool!" Ash replied "Poké Balls are a recent invention, you see. Throw one of them at a Pokémon, and... why, the Pokémon will shrink down and fit inside the ball, comfy can be. And with that, you've caught a Pokémon!" Laventon expounded "I know that!" Ash replied smiling.