track 14

february 19th, 2022.

juliegrey's story (4hrs ago)

-

juliette and leo had not spent a lot of time with the band in los angeles. they hadn't spent really any time with the band, and juliette wanted to avoid them.

leo was fine with that but he also felt like her distancing herself from the band was not a good idea, they were touring together.

for the small time they'd been there, they had been at braeden's house, with him and the rest of his band just talking.

juliette really tried to convince herself that she liked him in that way, but she just couldn't. she couldn't string him along, he deserved better.

when dylan and cole left, and leo went to the restroom, she needed to talk to him.

"braeden, can i like, talk to you? i need to explain, and i need to apologize, and i want to it now before this goes on any longer." she said, with hints of sadness in her voice.

"yeah juliette, for sure. what's up?" he said, expecting what he knew was going to happen.

"i'm really sorry, but i can't keep stringing you along," she started, "you're a really cool, sweet, cute guy and i've wanted to like you in that aspect for a while, but i just couldn't. you're the funnest to spend time with, but i just can't like anyone right now. i don't think it's in the cards for me." she finished, offering him a hug.

whilst they hugged, he thought and said, "i get that you don't like me, i kind of picked up on it, and it's fine, i really would still love to be friends." he said, smiling.

"for sure dude, you're the coolest guitar man i know." she said.

he laughed it off, and then said, "really there's no one you really like? i just feel like when i would talk to lillian whenever she was in los angeles, she would always tell me about you and robert,"

"i guess just based on how she described it, that's not a cut that can heal as quickly as you want it to. but that's just what i think, no need to actually think about it." he said, getting up and going to the kitchen.

as he did, she left her phone vibrate, and saw a message from leo.

leo🧃
is it safe for me to come out

-

when they left braeden's house, juliette started to think about what he said. of course she still wanted robert, but she could never act on it. he was kissing caroline on the night he swore he wouldn't, and they were dating, they'd been dating.

"so, where are we going off to now?" he asked, walking down the street, in the direction of the venue.

"let's go to the bus, the show starts in
a few hours anyways."