Chapter 8

(Forget Me Too By Machine Gun Kelly And Halsey)

Eryn's Pov

TW- Nightmares & Panic Attack

The blood rushed to my face as Eric complimented my outfit. We stood on the beach, on the fourth of July. Fireworks were going off above us, and there is nowhere I would rather be at this moment.

I was standing with the man I love, under the fireworks that I love. The smell of the beach filled my senses. I was at ease.

"Eryn Blake, I love you more than anything in this world." he kissed the side of my head before getting down on one knee.

"I never want to experience life without you, sweetheart." He held onto my hand, my father smiling and filming on his phone.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. Will you marry me?" His smile morphed into something terrifying.

"Yes!"

"I fucking hate you, Eryn." My eyes held confusion as I looked down at Eric who was now off of his knee and standing right in front of me.

I jumped awake, feeling the sweat run down my face. I looked to my nightstand and my eyes tried to adjust to the light.

5:29am

I panicked, looking around the room and not recognizing a single thing. The memories from last night started to fill my brain. I threw the blanket off of me and stood on the floor. My head was spinning with a pounding headache.

I put my socks on, rushing to put my shoes on. The sweat pants were tied tightly so that they didn't fall off, and the shirt I was wearing was extremely big.

My heart started racing, and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I pulled at the shirt around my neck before opening the door to the bedroom, leaving all of my stuff on the floor.

I needed to get out of here, now.

I quietly shut the door and rushed down the stairs. I looked for the front door, tears filling my eyes. The longer I was in here the more I felt like I was going to crash and burn.

I opened the front door and closed it quietly, before running down the driveway of the house. One of my hands flew to my face to wipe it from the sweat and tears as I ran down the block. My chest tightened as I stopped at the end of the block.

The sun was just starting to rise, as I stood on the corner of whatever street I was on, having a panic attack. People drove by, probably thinking I was crazy, and I honestly felt it. I felt like the craziest person alive.

I walked until I got to the bar, which was like a 30 minute walk but it was okay. I sat on the sidewalk, leaning on the door. The sound of keys rattling and a toddler whining brought me out of my current situation.

"Momma, I wanna go home." I could recognize Iris' voice anywhere. I quickly brushed the tears away from my face and looked up right as Iris and Rylee turned the corner.

"I wanna see Dad." Iris folded her arms and looked up at Rylee. Rylee's attention was on her daughter, not noticing I was sitting there.

"Honey, will be home before you know it, and you can hang out with him all day." Rylee shuffled around on her key ring before noticing me sitting there.

"Oh my god- Eryn!" Rylee knelt down next to me, wiping the tears from my face, and helping me stand. Iris attached herself to Rylee's hip.

"Rough morning?" I spoke, and Rylee looked panicked, unlocking the bar doors and rushing me inside. She put her stuff down on a booth, and sat Iris across from me.

"Eryn, what is going on?"

The sound of shattered glass invaded my mind.

"E! What happened?" Eric yelled frantically, running to the kitchen. He looked down at the cup I dropped on the floor.

"It's almost like you care about me." I smiled up at him after he made sure I was okay for the thousandth time.

"I do care about you."

"Eryn?" Rylee put her hair on me, running her hands through my hair.

"I'm going crazy, Rylee. I've been getting close to Noah." Her silence made me realize that she had no idea what was happening. Sam didn't tell her, or Sam didn't even know himself.

"He's been so amazing. He treats me like I'm the only person in his world." She sat down next to me, letting me lay her head on her shoulder. Iris played on her phone, completely unaware of the situation.

"I feel like there's a but, coming." Rylee rubbed my back and my racing heart finally started to slow.

"I don't think I will ever be able to be with him. I never want to go through that ever again." My tears started again and she let me cry into her shoulder for I don't know how long. Rylee will forever be the sister that I never got to have.

"I'm so scared of him, and I hate it. I hate it because I know in my heart he will never hurt me, but in my head I'm so scared that he will." Iris looked up at me, and turned to Rylee.

"Why is Aunt Eryn sad?" She paused, trying to get the words to form.

"Men suck." I responded and Rylee laughed.

"Even my Dad?" I looked up at Rylee, and glared at her.

"Your real dad sucked, but your new one doesn't." I looked back at Iris who smiled proudly.

"Yeah I know."

"I think that you should open up to Noah. He's a good guy. Maybe not right away, but it could help you a lot." Rylee suggested and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm sitting in my bar like a helpless person, wearing a man's clothes after I ran out of his house. I'm a mess." Rylee's hand smacks me on the back of the head.

"Where was mentioning this?!" She exclaimed and Iris gave her a questionable look before going back to play the game on the phone.

"I locked my keys in my room, so there was no way I could get into my house, or my room. Julie went home and was asleep, and you were piss drunk. I was drunk, he took me to his house, I slept in his room and he slept on the couch." Rylee shook her head in disbelief.

"I then woke up this morning having a panic attack and ran out!" I exclaimed with a smile on my face, Rylee rolled her eyes.

"Oo lala your in love." Iris looked over at me and smiled.

"Shut up." Iris laughed and Rylee slapped my head again.

"Don't tell my kid to shut up." Rylee laughed and I joined her.

"Your mama bear is showing Rylee. Not good."