Chapter 16

(I Hope Ur Miserable Until Ur Dead By Nessa Barrett)

Eryn's Pov

4:27pm

Sitting in the office doing paperwork was the worst thing of my life. I hated every second of it, it drives me crazy. But I'm sitting at my desk wrapped up in a blanket, and Noah's jacket, signing off on paychecks, paying bills, and looking at buying another bar in a different state.

The drunk memories were embarrassing. Noah knew about me. He knew about red hair Eryn. He knew about the abuse. He knew about my parents. And he never said sorry, he never showed me pity, he just sat there, holding me in his arms and playing with my hair, while I cried.

I finally got to mourn the girl I used to be, and I finally got to mourn my parents. So as I sat here doing paperwork, I also took the time to think.

I think I'm finally ready to be with Noah. I think I'm finally ready to take this step. I'm ready to finally move on, as long as he's the one that's by my side.

The knocks sounded out my office. I wrapped the blanket around my body, before opening the door. His smile brightened up my whole life.

"Hey!" He smiled, looking down at his jacket, then back up at me. His face turned pink. He got flustered so easily. I moved to the side, letting him in the room. I shut the door behind him, and sat down in my office chair getting back to work.

"Hey, Handsome." I responded, cracking my knuckles, and typing out a long email. I hated doing this.

"What are you doing?" He asked, leaning his head down and kissing my cheek. I looked up at him with a smile.

"Paperwork. Lots and lots of paperwork." I responded, signing some more paychecks, and he pulled the chair back once I was done signing them.

"Since you're done signing checks, don't sit in your office all day! Let's go explore!" He pulled my hands, making me stand up, causing me to laugh.

"I don't know. I'm a mess, I've been working all day." I gestured to my biker shorts and his jacket.

He shook his head with a smile on it.

"You look beautiful, Eryn. Let's go get food, and then we can figure out what to do after." I put the blanket on my chair, grabbing my keys, wallet, and phone before following Noah out of my office.

"Julie, you're in charge." I pointed at her with a smile, while she saluted me and smiled.

She is the sister I never had. She is the sister that I needed while growing up. Anytime I needed someone, she was right there, willing to do anything for me.

"We love you, be safe!" Rylee shouted, Julie blew me a kiss, which caused me to laugh.

Noah held my hand, and put his other one on my lower back, guiding me through the crowd. Everything he did made my heart melt.

"I think it's so cool that you work with your best friends." Noah said, after getting into his car after opening and closing my door.

"You do the same, streamer man." He looked at me with a lopsided smile, tilting his head.

"I looked you up on the internet." I shrugged, looking out of the car window, knowing he was smiling widely.

"You're a stalker, Eryn Blake." His laughter filled the car, which caused me to smile.