Chapter 20

(All Too Well (10 Minute Version) By Taylor Swift)

Eryn's Pov

"Miss Blake, we understand that you were acting in self defense, but you did it on a private property." One of the officers sat down in front of me at a table and I laughed.

"It's not private property, it's public. And I own that public property." I responded and the officer looked down at his stack of papers.

"It doesn't say that you are an owner." He flipped through so many pages, while I sat there.

My neck itches, and I couldn't itch it because of these stupid handcuffs.

"You have bail posted-"

"I want to press charges against Eric Sweeny, and I want a restraining order. I know my rights, and that is exactly what I want to do." The police officer's mouth hung open looking at me.

I was the daughter of a cop, she grilled the rights I had into my head. For any situation. I just never believed I would have to use it.

"Do you have a lawyer-"

"Yes." I responded, and the police officer got his stack of papers.

"We will get started right away. Meanwhile, you sit here and post your bail, or you can call someone else to." I nodded my head at the officer.

"I would like my phone call." They brought me out of the room, and led me to a phone.

"Julie. It's Eryn, can you come bail me out. I'll give you a big kiss, and a big raise, plus your money back of course-" I rambled, before one of the officers hung up the phone..

"Your bail has been posted. And your court date has been scheduled for 4 days from now. More details will be sent to you in the mail." The officer uncuffed my hands, before I looked at him with a confused expression.

They led me to the front of the jail, and opened one of the security doors. I expected to walk out and see my best friend. But instead I walked out, and saw the man I was in love with.

He stood there leaning against the wall, hands in his pockets, and his eyes did not leave me, for a split second.

"Hey, Handsome! You were right, my mugshot is beautiful." I spoke, as he ran over to me, and wrapped his arms around me.

I held onto him, as he picked me up off of the ground still hugging me.

"I was so worried about you, Eryn." My arms wrapped around his neck, as he started walking out of the building.

"The police ladies kept hitting on me." I mumbled, and I could feel his laughter as he put me down. My feet hit the floor and I looked up at him.

"At least they got all the blood off of you." He rubbed his thumb on my cheek.

"They took it off after my mugshot." I shrugged, and he smiled.