Chapter 9

(Innocent By Taylor Swift)

Eryn's Pov

My heart pounded as the black started to fade into a bright light. I felt like I couldn't move as my hands felt constricted. My eyes adjusted to the light and my heart tightened.

"What happened? Where am i?" I started to panic and a police officer came to my side. He put his hand on my back causing me to wince.

"Get away from me!" I cried and the female police officer took over. She rubbed my back while I looked around the white hospital room.

"Sweetheart, who did this to you?" The woman sat on the edge of my bed, giving me a warm smile.

"Please don't call me that." She nodded her head, as the man pulled out a notepad. Nurses walked in to check on me. Once they were done, the police swarmed my room.

"You need to tell us what happened." The woman eased, and I felt myself start to crumble. I recognized all of these people from them working with my mother, and there were so many here.

"Eric-" I cried and tried to move my hands but they were handcuffed to the bed. The woman unlocked my hands and I brushed my hair from my face.

"Eric did this to you?" The woman asked, handing the handcuffs to someone else. There were probably 10 cops in here that I knew. They all showed up.

"Yes." I closed my eyes, not wanting to see the stares of the people who knew me as a girl that was so deeply in love with Eric.

"Someone find him, put out a bolo." The woman instructed, people started moving around, coming in and out of the room, talking on their walkie talkies.

"I don't think I can press chargers. I don't think I'm strong enough." The woman's eyes closed, swelling up with tears of her own.

"We have to. Not even if you do. We had to bring you in, so an investigation was opened." I felt like my glass house that I was living in, had just shattered.

"You're not that girl anymore, Eryn." I walked around in my room at the bar. The big T-shirt was consuming my body. I paced back and forth. My mind was going crazy. The sound of knocks sounded out on the door.

"Come in!" I wiped my tears as Julie walked in. She smiled at me, and blew me a kiss before hugging me. She took out her phone, opened her notes app.

Rylee called, I was worried about you.

"You don't need to be worried about me! I'm all in one piece." Julie shrugged and a smile took over her face.

"If you want the day off, you can take it." I gave her a knowing look and she shooed me away before leaving my room and going to set up for the night.

"You can take as much time as you need, honey." The nurse turned on the shower, and stood outside of the closed door in case I needed help. Once the doors closed I finally let myself cry.

I finally let everything go.

"Eryn." Rylee's voice cut me out of my thoughts as I turned around to face her.

"Yes Ry?" I asked her, a smile forming on my face.

"Someone is here and wants to talk to you."

"Send them in." I turned to Rylee and she shook her head.

"They are waiting for you outside." I looked at her with confusion written on my face. The shorts, and Noah's shirt held my body, as I put on my sneakers. Once Rylee closed the door again, I brushed my hair out, and left it down.

"You look a mess Smokey!" My dad laughs at me, my hair in every which way.

"Leave her alone." My mother slapped his chest and he laughed.

"She's my daughter." My dad countered back, my mother turned around, and narrowed her eyes at him.

"I don't think you went through birth. In a hospital that was burning down."

"To be fair, I was by your side the whole time." My mother laughed, grabbing her padge from the table.

"And that's where my Smokey girl came to be my best friend!"

I looked up at the folded triangle. I felt the tears prick my eyes, causing me to look away. I grabbed my phone and my keys, locking the door as I left. I walked through the hallway before stopping at the bar.

"Where are they?" I looked around, confusion all over my face as Rylee smiled.

"Outside." I looked out of the bar windows and didn't see anyone out there.

"Just go." I opened the door to the bar and stepped out into the cold air.

"Fuck, its cold." I mumbled under my breath. I picked up my head and looked around till my eyes caught his. My heart dropped as I stood there staring at him. I wanted to run back inside, I wanted to hide. 

835 Words