III.VII.II

They open the door as the crowd leaves the movie.

"And..." Dustin leads, "Blend."

They join the crowd and try to act naturally.

"Well, shit, that worked," Erica says.

"Course it worked. We just have to get on the bus with the rest of these plebes, and home sweet home, here we come."

"Uh, Dustin?" Steve stopped him.

"What?"

"Yeah, we might not wanna go to your house."

"Why?"

"Well, I might've told them your full name."

"What is wrong with you?"

"Dude, I was drugged."

"So?"

"So?"

"So, you resist. You tough it out. You tough it out like a man."

"Oh, yeah, it's easy for you to say."

Robin notices the guards, "Guys?"

"Sorry for the inconvenience," one of them hands a lady back her bag, "Have a pleasant evening."

"Abort. Abort. Abort."

"Come on this way," Kimberly takes the lead, heading towards the escalators.

"Shit."

It was roped off. Robin jumps down the middle and each of them slides down. Kimberly brought up the rear.

🌳🏀🌳

Guards are patrolling around them. They had decided behind one of the counters in the food court. They could hear one of the guards cut on their radio and speak into it.

They all were breathing deeply and trying to stay as quiet as possible. Footsteps got closer and closer.

Then a car alarm went off. Dustin jumped. Kimberly gripped tighter onto Steve's hand.

The guards looked up to see Eleven, and they had no time to run as she tossed the car at them throwing all the guards across the room.

The group of five slowly peered over the counter, seeing all the wreckage. They all drew their eyes upward and saw their friends had come to the rescue.

Dustin laughed, "You flung that thing like a hot wheel!" He pulled Eleven and Mike into a hug.

"Lucas?" Erica asked.

"What are you doing here?"

"Ask them. It's their fault."

Steve answered, "True, yeah. Totally true. It's absolutely our fault."

"Look at that gorgeous face!" Kimberly laughed and kissed Eleven on the forehead once Dustin had let go. She gave one to Mike as well.

Eleven laughed and gave her a tight hug, it made Kimberly wince for a moment but she brushed it off. The two girls reluctantly let go, and Kimberly immediately pulled Max into a hug, which the redhead returned.

"I don't understand what happened to that car," Robin looked around.

Dustin answered, "El has superpowers."

"I'm sorry?"

Kimberly let go of Max and gave a big hug to Will as well. He just beamed up at her, gratefully returning it.

"Superpowers. She threw it with her mind. C'mon, catch up," Steve explained.

"Ya El's a total badass," Kimberly chuckled.

"That's El?" Erica asked.

Robin furrowed her brows, "Who's El?"

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Nancy finally spoke up.

"I'm Robin. I work with Steve."

"She's totally cool, we can trust her Nance," Kimberly reassured the girl.

Dustin grinned, "She cracked the top secret code."

"Yeah, which is how we found out about the Russians," Steve finished.

Jonathan asked, "Russians? Wait, what Russians?"

"The Russians!" Steve gestured to the bodies on the ground.

"Those were Russians?" Max said.

Erica looked back at them, "Some of them."

"What are you talking about?" Lucas butts in.

Dustin shrugged, "Didn't you hear our code red?"

"Yeah." Mike said, "But I couldn't understand half of what you were saying."

"Goddamn low battery," Dustin cursed.

Steve sighed, "How many times do I have to tell you with the low battery?"

"Dude you know I have extra batteries, why didn't you just grab some?" Kimberly looked at her brother.

"You didn't have enough, and yours was dead too. And well, everything worked out, didn't it?"

"Worked out? We almost died," Erica sassed.

"Yeah, but we didn't, did we?"

Steve said, "It was pretty damn close."

Kimberly watched as El stepped away from the group, she furrowed her brows and slowly walked over to her.

"Okay, Russians?" Lucas asked, "As in, they're working for the Russian government?"

"What are you not comprehending? Am I not speaking English? We have a full-blown Red Dawn situation."

"El?" Kimberly gently placed a hand on her shoulder.

The younger girl faced her but was breathing deeply.

Max asked, "So this has nothing to do with the gate?"

El scrunched her face up in pain and held her hands over her ears.

"Come here, come here, let me look at you," Kimberly moved so she could scan El to see where she was hurting.

"It has everything to do with the gate..."

El started to collapse, but Kimberly caught her in time and quickly ushered her to the ground, holding her close. She threw her bag around and rummaged around for her first aid kit, "Mike!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa."

"El! El!" Mike ran over to them.

"What hurt her?" Kimberly asked him, already pulling out bandages.

"What's wrong with her?" Erica asked.

"What's wrong? What's wrong? What's wrong?" Mike rushed out.

Eleven cried out, "My leg. My leg."

"Jonathan," Kimberly pointed, still holding Eleven in her lap.

"Her leg, her leg. Okay," he pulled away her pant leg and looked at the damage. "Get that off. Okay."

The others groaned as they looked at her injury. Kimberly didn't flinch but was already thinking of everything they would need.

"Okay I need-"

They watched as something in her leg moved making Eleven groan.

"El! El! El! El, are you okay? El! El! El!" Mike shouted.

Eleven shouted out in pain. 

🌳🏀🌳