Juyeon [ rivals ]

[ Author's POV ]

"Y/n will you hang out with us today after school?", "Actually I have dance practice. Sorry girls" Y/n said. "You always have practice, it's been ages since we hanged out", "I know but a competition is coming soon and I really have to work hard for it" Y/n said as she sighed. "Good luck then, I hope you win" Her friend said. "Will you come and see me?" Y/n asked, "Of course we will, we will be cheering for you and only you" She said as she left. Y/n was on her way to the dance studio, already feeling anxious. She knew that, that day they had to perform solos in front of their dance teachers and they would choose the two dancers that would perform as a couple. "Hey Y/n!" Changmin said, the moment she got to enter the studio. "Hey Changmin! Are you participating in the duets too?" She asked. "Not really, I haven't prepared anything to be selected today" He said. "Are you though?", "Yes, it's just as a backup plan if I won't get to perform solo on the competition" Y/n replied. "I see, don't worry, you're really good, they'll definitely pick you today" Changmin said as a way to cheer her up.

Soon the teachers arrived as well the rest of the dancers that would show their talent on that practice. "Everyone gather up" The female teacher said as she clapped her hands for everyone to be quiet. "Those who are just as audience here can sit at the corners or the wall as they watch, cheering is allowed but don't overdo it. The participants will wait at the side of the mirror" She explained. "Good luck everyone" The male teacher said. Slowly the small competition started and everyone was doing pretty good. Y/n was a bit anxious, but she saw her friend Changmin giving her a thumbs up sign before her turn. She smiled at him as she got up and took her position. The choreo was focused more on body control and smooth moves. She managed to impress everyone, except one person from the male dancers, Lee Juyeon. He was performing after her, and their relationship wasn't the best since they were considered the best dancers in the whole studio and the antagonism was high between them.

His choreography was focused on the same abilities with hers. She noticed how the teachers were impressed with him and she realized that if she won among the female dancers, she had a high percent chance of having to dance with him. After 3 more performances, the examination was done and after a small discussion the two teachers  had the results ready. "So, from the boys, we have Juyeon" The male teacher announced as everyone applauded. "And from the ladies, Y/n!". Y/n was a bit mad already as she knew that practicing with him would be like hell. "Everyone, you're allowed to continue your practices. Juyeon and Y/n come to the office for a while to talk" The male teacher said as everyone went back to their training. "So we noticed how both of you had really developed your body control and that means you could try something a bit more hard and more exciting for the audience at the competition" The teachers explained. "Do you want to try hip-hop or jazz?" They asked the two young dancers. Juyeon looked at Y/n, the atmosphere was cold between them. "I prefer hip hop" Y/n spoke first. "Yeah, I think hip hop is better for the competition too" Juyeon agreed.

"Oh, we actually thought that you would want to try jazz, we actually found a lot of nice slower choreographies" The male teacher sighed, trying to make them change their minds. "Jazz is fine too, right Y/n?" Juyeon said to not disappoint their teachers. "Yeah it's really awesome" She said. "Nice, we have the perfect choreography for the two of you. It's a bit more experimental for both of you, since you haven't really tried that concept. You can sit here and watch it as many times as you want before trying it out" The female teacher said as they left them alone. They watched the video and felt really awkward after realizing it was a more sexy concept. "Let's start practicing" Juyeon said acting unbothered as they took the laptop and went to a dance practice room. During all their practices the next days, they both didn't tried adding facial expressions. Their teachers were a bit disappointed with their result when they examined them. "Hey! What are you doing? You're already 18, you're adults, don't be scared, feel it a bit"."Sorry sir", "Try it again". They did as they were told to, and the result was better. They had a lot of moments during the choreo where their faces were really close and Y/n felt a bit uncomfortable with it. They let them practice the choreo more and Juyeon was really pissed off by the whole situation. "This is getting more awkward" He said clearly annoyed. "There's nothing to do about this" Y/n said. "There's something actually" Juyeon said.