Five. Divided

Camilla

Cam and I drove down to our parents place for our week off. I was happy to be away from the stress of school and I was happy to have time away from Tay. We haven't gotten back together but we have been talking about how to move forward with or without each other.

"Milly!" I heard and slowly opened my eyes to feel arms wrapped around me.

"Hm?" I asked sleepily.

"Get up sleepy head." I heard and knew it was my cousin, Alexis.

"Lex what are you doing here?" I asked as I hugged her.

"I heard you were home for break and wanted to see you." She said and smiled.

"Cam is here too." I told her.

"You know Cam and I don't talk."

"That was years ago, can't y'all just let it go and make up?"

"If it's lasted this long, no. Your sister is petty and she never let's anything go."

"Lex you haven't let go either. Go talk to her."

"No. I saw her interview and I've seen the videos-"

"What videos?"

"You don't know? Journalists follow her and she's on ESPN from time to time and you know that's all my boyfriend watches."

"Can I see?"

"Yeah." She said and pulled one up on YouTube. "There's like five of them with her walking past them, looking down, and driving off." Lex told me.

"Why are they following her?" I asked.

"Because that girl from Michigan State ended up winning the whole thing in her category and she called your sister out. She called her a coward for quitting before finals." She explained.

"She has a legit condition, how is that being a coward? Like is my sister supposed to die just so they can race?"

"Relax, it should be done now. That was nearly three weeks ago."

"But still they're following her around like she's some criminal."

"Well maybe she should have handled this situation better."

"Lex."

"I'm just saying."

"Mom I told you..." We turned to see Cam sigh. "I knew I should have just left with Shad."

"Shad isn't going to protect you from yourself baby. You have to get past this." Mom told her.

"I'm not dealing with anyone I don't want to this week, I'm not. It's bad enough I have to face the judgement at school. I'm not going to sit here and let my own family do it too." She said before storming to her room and slamming the door.

"Sorry you had to hear that Lex. She's going through a really hard time." Mom told Lex.

"It's okay." She said before giving me a look.

"Come with me." I told her and walked upstairs.

"Is this her-"

"Yes. You're going to talk to her." I told her and pulled her into Cam's room.

"Get out." She mumbled with her covers over her head.

"Cammy it's okay. We want to help you feel better." I told her and crawled next to her.

"Get out." She repeated.

"No surprise. You want to go out to the mall or something? You know she's not coming." Lex said.