Eight. Change

Isaiah

Ever since Cam's last appointment, she's been acting different. I don't know what it is but she's changed. I don't know if it's a good change or not. I just hope this doesn't mess up how happy she was before she left.

"Isaiah!"

"Huh?" I said and realized I zoned out while at lunch with everybody.

"You okay?" Cam asked.

"Yeah. I just got lost in thought." I told her and put my arm around her.

"Um.. Move your arm." Camilla said and moved my arm.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because we're not doing that at the table." She said.

"Whatever." I said and put my arm around Cam.

"Can you come outside with me for a second?" Cam whispered in my ear.

"Yeah." I said and looked at her before slowly standing up.

She lead me outside and sat on the bench. I slowly sat down and looked at her. I honestly was scared as to what she was about to say.

"What is it babe?" I asked and rubbed her hand.

"You love me right?" She asked.

"Of course I do. You don't have to ever question that." I told her.

"I do.. Right now.. I need to... I don't know how to say it without you getting upset." She said.

"Just tell me. Just say it and I'll try my best to take it well." I told her.

"I need to take a break from school.. Just for a little while." She said.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Because it's putting a strain on my parents. Me not having a scholarship really is hard when I have a lot of medical bills. I just wanted you to know first before I tell everyone else. I'll come to visit-"

"That's not enough. I need you here. How am I supposed to keep up with my classes and stay focused? You keep on me track. Now I gotta be up here by myself." I said and shook my head as I covered my face.

"Babe you know if I could stay, I would. I don't want to leave but I really need your support right now." She said and I could hear the pain in her voice.

"I'm sorry. This is just something I didn't see coming. I'm going to find a way for you to be able to stay, I promise. I'll find the money." I told her and hugged her.

"Babe don't. That'll just make things harder. I'll be back." She told me and wiped her face.

"I have to do something. Just let me try to help." I said and looked at her.

"Okay. Let's go back inside." She said and stood.

I sighed as we went back inside and sat down. I held her hand and looked down.

"What's wrong?" Michael asked.

"Lily did you break up with him?" Camilla joked and smiled.

"No. Camilla stop. It's not a good time." Cameron told her.

"Why? What's going on?" She asked.

"I have some news. I told Isaiah first because it will mainly effect our relationship." She said.

"What you mean?" Anthony asked.

"I have to take a break from school." She finally told them.