Prologue

Camilla

"Devontae I can't-"

"I'll be quick. I promise." He told me and sucked on my neck.

"I really need to go check on Cam..." I told him and bit my lip.

"She will be fine. I promise." He said and took off my shirt.

"Quick and that's it." I said and kissed him.

I ended up falling asleep in his dorm. My phone buzzing woke me. I stretched over Tay and grabbed it before answering.

"Hello?" I asked sleepily.

"Camilla where the hell are you?! I've been calling you!" Laila yelled into the phone.

"Damn Laila. What is it?" I asked.

"Cam, your sister, remember her? She's in the hospital." She told me.

"What? What happened?" I asked as I quickly got dressed.

"I found her on the floor barely breathing, what happened to taking care of her today?" She asked.

"I'm on my way. Is she still asleep?" I asked as I ran to my car.

"Yeah. Hurry up." She said before hanging up.

I sped to the hospital and threw my keys to valet before running in and getting her room number before rushing her room. I made it just in time. She had just opened her eyes when I walked in.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked, slightly out of breath.

"No." She said and stared at me.

"What?" I asked.

"I got a letter yesterday.. They've officially diagnosed me with it." She told me.

"What? But.. You passed all the tests and they cleared you." I said in disbelief as tears fell down my face.

"I'm just kidding." She said and smiled.

"Cam!" I said and hit her before taking a breath of relief.

"I'm not kidding.. I just wanted to ease the mood. I'll be okay. Mom and dad know. I just have another disease, no big deal." She told me and rubbed my arm.

"Cam I hate when you play with my feelings. Did they or not?" I asked.

"They did. Don't cry." She told me and hugged me.

All I could do was cry, my baby sister now has two diseases. She has a blood disease and now a heart disease. I just want her to be okay. It's not fair that this is happening to her.

Michael

I was playing ball with Ant and Isaiah when Laila called. I held the ball and answered.

"Come on man, you stay answering the phone in the middle of a game." Anthony complained.

"Shut up." I said. "What's up?" I asked Laila.

"Um.. I just wanted to let you know Cam got diagnosed and is in the hospital. Camilla and I are up here already. She's okay, just comforting Milly." Laila told me.

"Damn.. For real? I thought she was cleared." I said as my whole mood changed.

"Yeah. You coming up?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'll be up there." I said before hanging up and sighing.

"What's up man? We finishing or not?" Anthony asked.

"Y'all go ahead." I said and gave him the ball.

"What happened?" Isaiah asked.

"My best friend Cam just got diagnosed with a heart disease, I'm about to head up to the hospital." I told him.