August 13th, 6th Period

TW: MENTIONS OF ADOLF HITLER/THE HOLOCAUST /BOOKS ABOUT BOTH (ALSO BOOKS ABOUT SENSITIVE TOPICS)

       Relaxed and slightly less overwhelmed, Lance exited his home room class, chatting with Eli about how much they hated math class and the homophobic teacher. Eli was a relatively old friend (Lance had known him since the 7th grade) but they didn't talk much. Lance had El's number of course, but they still didn't chat often. Lance considered Eli a straight platonic bestie, he didn't know if Eli felt the same, but it worked. 

      Lance waved goodbye to the other blonde boy as they parted ways in the English hallway. He tossed his backpack down on the floor next to his desk and slid into the seat. He liked honors English, specifically reading Shakespeare. Mr/Professor Anderson was a stricter teacher, but he still enjoyed fun. He was very precise is getting the work required done but usually let us goof off on Cool Math Games. Professor Anderson had darker, honey colored skin, with black curly locks and coffee colored eyes. He often wore shades of gray, ranging from lighter to darker. He wore clean black jeans and often kept a sweatshirt draped over the back of his chair. He obviously looked like he despised formal wear.  

    Professor Anderson's room was scarcely decorated. It had posters of famous historical fiction novels (mostly by Alan Gratz) featuring Refugee, The Boy In The Striped Pajamas, The Boy On The Wooden Box, Prisoner B-3087, Grenade, and The Book Thief. Professor Anderson had extreme views, he despised Hitler and the Holocaust, he hated sexism and racism with a passion. He was essentially the exact opposite of Mr. Jacobs. And such a surprise, he hated Mr. Jacobs as well. Mr. Anderson would go to all lengths to avoid the PE teacher. All the desks were neatly organized in groups of four, and Lance wondered who his seatmates would be.  Unlike most teachers, Mr. Anderson would assign seats. He tried to make it fun. He had this fish-bowl where he'd put in names and he would draw four other to be a group of four who'd sit together for the year. After he emptied the fishbowl of names, he would put a blue  Betta fish in, which Lance had a tendency to stare at and zone out looking at. 

       A brunette he'd seen too many times that day came in. 

      Mr. Anderson looked up. "Sit where you want for now, we'll draw names later." Aaron sat down with an exhausted sigh. 

    "Finally running out of steam, Evans?" Lance chuckled. God, was he...flirting? 

    "You wish!" Aaron replied, perking up immediately. Now he looked like he'd been injected with shots of caffeine. Lance rolled his eyes with a small smile. Mr. Anderson watched the two, carefully as he wrote Aaron Evans on a small slip of paper and set it on the top. 

    The bell rang and everyone grew silent, almost immediately. Mr. Anderson commanded a room like no other, even though he still joked around and enjoyed a good laugh. They all turned attentively as Mr. Anderson wordlessly reached into the fish bowl and pulled out four names. 

  "Lance Green, Aaron Evans, Rachel Ires, and Genevieve Claxton." Mr. Anderson listed, before pointing to the cluster of desks in front of his own. The four moved to sit at the group of desks, Aaron sitting himself by Lance and across from Rachel, while Genevieve sat across from Lance. Rachel had messy light brown hair, and striking green eyes. Genevieve had a dyed blue and purple pixie cut, with brown eyes. 

  Aaron immediately offered his hand to the duo, shaking both of their hands and introducing himself. 

   "And I'm Lance." Lance offered, somewhat as an afterthought as Aaron finished introducing himself. 

   "I know," Genevieve said. "I think we were in fifth grade together, Mrs. Henrick's class?" 

   Lance nodded. "Oh yeah, you were the one who design the yearbook logo that year, weren't you?"

  Genevieve nodded, happily. "It looked great, by the way." Lance replied, smiling slightly. Maybe this sophomore year wouldn't be so bad after all...

————————

List of Books mentioned: Refugee by Alan Gratz, Boy In The Striped Pajamas by John Boyne, Grenade by Alan Gratz, Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gratz, The Book Thief by  Markus Zusak, and The Boy On The Wooden Box by Leon Leyson. I do not own any of these books, all credit to the authors, I highly recommend you read them!

If any body's reading this, I really appreciate the support! This is a shorter chapter today, anyway, hope you're enjoying! Please vote it and comment on what you think :)

Word Count: 770