Chapter twelve ; Family Dinner

Warnings: Swearing, slight smut, mentions of sex and masturbation

Listen to the music for a better experience
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»
Hyunjin POV

    As soon as I drop of Felix, I start driving to my parents house. I was rushing a little, I wanted to be there at least a few minutes early. I didn't want to be late nor arrive exactly when my mother told me dinner would start. Even if I was late, they would wait until I came with annoyed expressions on their face.

    Since this was a family dinner, it must be because something bad happened. Being late would worsen the mood as if it wasn't already bad. It wasn't long before I made it to my parents house, parking in their driveway. I checked the clock on my phone as I got out of my car, it was 18:28 (6:28pm). I sigh out of relief, I still had some time to be at the table by 18:30 (6:30pm).

    I ring the doorbell, waiting for someone to open it. I heard a voice on the other side, followed by footsteps and the door in front of me creaking open. It was my mother, a small smile planted on her lips. She moved toward me, a kiss brushing each of my cheeks. After that, she motioned her hand for me to come in. She stepped into the house first, then me right behind her.

    "Just in time, " She spoke. I went to the dinner table, finding myself an open chair and sitting down. Watching as my mother went back to her seat. By now, everyone in my family was at the table of which my father told the housekeepers to bring in and serve the dishes that were made by the chefs.

    I start putting portions of the food set on the table and onto my plate. Afterward, I take a sip of my drink before eating my food. The rest of them did the same, but this was disrupted a couple minutes later by someone clearing their throat.

"Hyunjin, do you know why we're gathered here today?" My father spoke up, turning his attention to me. My younger sister as well as my mother stared at me.

"No, " I reply, faintly shaking my head.

"We're here to discuss about Lee Felix, " He stated. My expression changed at his words, though I tried hiding it.

"This especially concerns you, Hyunjin. Despite what court said, it is obvious that he cheated, " My father added. I sulked, I wanted to uphold this lie I created but it seems that they know the truth. Maybe it needed some more explanations and being more convincing.

"Yeji is getting a divorce with Felix. I don't care if their company fails, this is his fault anyway. You're no longer to talk to him or see him, " He finished. I was pretty much done with this talk, yet I didn't want to stay silent and let them talk to me like this.

"I didn't fuck Felix. Even if I did, wouldn't it also be my fault for doing it? I masturbated while he was asleep in a different room, is that what you wanted to hear? " I yell, pure anger and annoyance visible in the tone I used.

"Did you just talk back? " My father said.

"Isn't that how a conversation works, you talk to each other? " I stated, getting up from my seat.

"I'll cut you off from the company shares, don't talk to me like that, " He yelled. I didn't really care if I wasn't getting any money from the company. I was done with this family.