auction

Actively being updated

----------

There was a lot of chatter in the room, most of the guest were there already. It was 1am, Dick was back in his uniform, everyone was in their seats, while Dick lingered in the shadows watching the crowd quietly, Nightwing sat on his shoulder, her tail swaying back and forth.

"Ahem." The speakers boomed. The room quieted down, light's dimmed and the attention was on the stage where a spot light shone. "Welcome to the Underground Auction or the UGA," T man greeted. The crowd gave a round of applause before quieting down again. "You can call me T, I thank you for your patience and for coming, I understand it's early, so please, help yourself to our selection of coffee and energy drinks," T said. A hand from the crowd went up, another spotlight shone on the woman.

"Why is it that we had to come so early?" The woman asked, a fan covering her mouth. "Great question, you see the heroes are less to expect us if we do our auction in the morning because we do all of our things at night, when "everyone" is asleep." T informed.

The crowd began to chatter. 'That's a pretty valid answer.' Artemis said in the mindlink. 'Yeah it makes sense.' Zatanna added. 'There's someone in the back, behind everyone, I can hear their heartbeat,' Conner informed.

"Okay, now, let's get to the reason we're all here shall we? To bid click the button on the right side of your mask to up the bid or hold down the bid and say a custom number, let's begin." The crowd gave a round of applause before quieting down again. "The first item we have is...

------------

"And tonight's special auctioneer is Penguin," The crowd clapped as Penguin walked onto the stage and waved, Ren following behind him. 'Is that him?' Wally asked. 'Yes.' Batman said. "Mr. Penguin has brought a special once in a lifetime gem all the way from Gotham, I present to you  kryptonite!" 'The gem!' Wally yelled. The crowd erupted. "Now, now hold on, let's calm down i'm just as excited as you, let me tell you a little bit about this gem, it's extremely rare and it can kill any Kryptonian or the only known Kryptonian, Superman! And who doesn't wanna kill that hunk of junk?"

"Ok let's start the bidding at 3 million dollars!" T yelled.

'What's the move Batman?' Kaldur asked. Without response Batman clicked the bidding button. "We have 3 million from Mr. Johnson!" T called out. 'Batman?' Kaldur asked. The teens stared at the cold-faced Batman, then looked at each other and shrugged.

"Another bidder! 3.5 from Ms. Katie! Oh another one! 4 million from Mr. Luthor!" T called out. "4.5 from Katie!" "Ooh Braniac at 5 mil!" Batman let out a low growl and whispered a number. "Ooh! 6.5 from Mr. Johnson! Any other bidders?" Another bid came in by Lex. "Wow people this is a big bid 30 million dollars from Mr. Luthor! Only 60 seconds on the clock!"

Batman held the button down and whispered a number. " We got another bid! 60 million! Wow! From Mr. Johnson! 30 seconds!" A spotlight shone on Batman and another one on Lex. "Are we hearing anything from Katie? Braniac? No? That's fine cause we got another bid from Luthor! 120 million! We have some fat pockets tonight," T laughed.

"...This one will blow you out of your seats! 200 million dollars! Thank you Mr. Johnson!" 'Where are you getting this money!?' " 10 seconds left!" T warned. "Last chance! We got 1 billion dollars from Lex! That's our biggest bid yet!" "Going once! Going twice! 2 Billion dollars from Mr. Johnson! Once, Twice...SOLD! FOR 2 BILLION DOLLARS FROM MR. JOHNSON! Thank you! Please come collect your prizes at the side curtain. Wow folks, that was a blood rush! Anyway let's move on, our next item is..." T said pointing at the smaller curtain.

Batman got out of his chair, but was stopped by Kaldur, 'Batman what's our move?' 'Once we get the gem we capture Renegade and bring him to the mountain.' Batman replied. 'What about the gem? How are we gonna pay for it? We don't have 2 billion dollars!' Wally yelled. 'Dont worry about it, c'mon.'

The teens followed behind Batman. "We're not stealing it are we?" Zatanna asked in Artemis' ear. "I hope not..." Artemis mumbled.

----------