a lecture from big bats

----

The mountain was silent, except for the faint hum of machinery and the distant echoes of footsteps. Batman stood at the center of the room, surrounded by the Young Justice team – a group of young, aspiring heroes who were meant to follow in the footsteps of the Justice League. The tension in the air was palpable, and disappointment radiated from Batman's stern gaze.

Batman's stern gaze swept across the faces of the young heroes, each one looking a bit uneasy under the weight of his scrutiny. Artemis, Kid Flash, Surperboy, Ms. Martian, Zatanna, and Aqualad stood before him, having just returned from their failed mission. "I'm very dissapointed in you guys, a simple weapons trade against 6 heros." "Sir, there was complications Renegade showed up an-" Batman silenced Aqualad, "Complications are part of the job. Adaptation is what separates the successful from the failures. You had a job to do, and you failed."

He pulled up footage of the trade, Renegade taking each and everyone of them out in a swift moment, missed opportunities, and most importantly Penguin's trade being successful without any complications. "Do you understand the consequences to your failure? If those weapons get into the wrong hands chaos is sure to happen." Batman scolded. "It's just one weapons trade, Batman. What's the big deal?" Artemis rolled her eyes.

Batman's expression darkened, and he stepped closer, his voice a low growl, "Don't underestimate the consequences of your failure. That one trade can unleash a chain reaction of violence and suffering." "Come on, Bats. It's not like the end of the world. There are bigger threats out there." She said. "Artemis..." Kaldur warned. "That "one trade" could lead to countless lives lost. Weapons in the wrong hands amplify chaos. You were there to prevent that." Batman explained.

Artemis, still not fully grasping the severity of the situation, shrugged. "This city, this world, needs heroes who take every mission seriously. We don't pick and choose when to act based on our convenience. We act because it's our duty." Batman pulled up the computer, displaying the potential consequences of the unchecked weapons trade – escalating violence, criminal organizations gaining power, and innocent lives caught in the crossfire. "Do you see now? It's not just "one trade." It's a catalyst for chaos."

Artemis kept quiet. He continued to show footage of how Renegade took down the heroes. "Renegade was only able to take you down because you have not yet learned how to work as a team, you let your guard down and he took that to his advantage." Connor blushed at the footage of him getting caught because of the cat. "You were on a mission, not a leisurely patrol. The weapons you were supposed to retrieve are now in the hands of the enemy."

"But-" Wally tried to defend, but was quickly shut up by a stern glare from the dark knight. "If you cannot work together, I will disband the young justice. That is not a threat, it's a promise." With that Batman left Mount Justice with loud steps echoing throughout the building.

02 Batman

"Fuck!" Wally yelled, without any warning he sped off.

B-03 Kid Flash

The team slowly dissipated into their rooms, reflecting on their actions. Wally didn't know where he was but he just kept running, "Stupid Batman, stupid mission, stupid cat, stupid renegade!" He felt as if the entire thing was his fault, he could've stopped Renegade from stopping his teammates, he could've stopped the entire trade, but he didn't. Wally stopped running, he sat on a rooftop of one of the buildings kicking his feet off the edge, reflecting on the mission. The city skyline was painted in hues of orange and pink as the sun dipped below the horizon. Nightfall brought a different kind of illumination to the city – the glow of neon signs and the distant hum of street life. He seemed to be in a city a little bit far from Happy but that didn't matter.

"Boo!" "AGHH!" Wally began to fall from the roof, desperately trying to reach safety. His hand was caught, the Hero was on the brink of death, if this person decided to let go he would fall to his death. "Hahaha! You should've seen your face!" The hero tensed at the familiarity of the voice. "What do you want Renegade?" "Just checking on my favorite hero," He smiled. "Your so close, why don't you just let go?" Wally asked. "Where's the fun in that? Plus I would be so sad to see your pretty little face all smushed up on the concrete," He said, pulling the hero back to safety. "Thank you..." "Don't mention it."

"How'd you know I was here?" "Hmm? I was just walking around and then I saw a sad lonely brightly colored hero sitting by himself. What's wrong darling? Why the long face?" Ren asked, leaning on a nearby wall. "Why would I tell you? Your a villain." Wally pointed out. "Um cuz i'm the only one who'll listen to your pretty voice Freckles," Ren said. Wally sighed, "You were there Renegade, I could've stopped Penguin if i didn't hesitate. It was one stupid fucking weapon trade and I couldn't even stop it." He put his head in his hands.

"Woah! That's a no-no word Spots. But anyway... heroes can't save everyone all the time," Renegade noted. "I know but... I just- I feel like I could've done more than just sitting around." "Batsy put these thoughts into your head huh?" "What? No..." "Don't listen to what he has to say, your just a kid, what does he expect? He wants you to reach unrealistic standards and then when you reach them he'll expect more, he'll never be happy with what you are and eventually you'll come to accept that." Ren explained. 

"Wow... How do you know all that?" "You didn't think I always wanted to be a villain, did you?" "No. Huh? Wait what? What do you mean?" "Your so weird, freckles, talking to the enemy about your feelings about the mission I defeat you in. Hahaha! It was nice catching up with you, see you later," Renegade smiled and blew Wally a kiss before jumping off the edge of the roof and grappling away. "What the fuck just happened?"

-----

 I'm so sorry this took so long to come out! I promise I'll be better at posting! Luv u pooks! 😘