The Summer to Remember ch.14

I toweled off my hair as I got out of the pool, sopping wet.  

"Well, that was fun," I exclaimed, still out of breath. We had played underwater tag, Marco Polo, water polo, and had a cannonball contest. Naturally, being the lightest, I lost.  

"It was. But can we get food? I'm starved!" Liam shouted from the pool steps.  

"I second that!" Niall said, holding up his hand. I laughed loudly.  

"Of course you would," I said, poking his cheek. "What kind of food should we get? I'm not that great of a cook, but we have some dough and pizza sauce, we can make pizza, if you want." I said, shrugging my shoulders.  

"Yay! We haven't made pizza in the longest time," Rachel said, her eyes dancing.  

"Making pizza anyone else?" The rest of them raised their hands. "We're not in school. And I'm definitely NOT a teacher," I said grinning.  

"You can be my teacher any day!" Niall said, with a wink. I laughed.  

"If I didn't love you, you'd be out of my kitchen right now." I looked around. "Or out of my pool. Whichever is faster," I said, grinning. "Why is everyone so quiet? I feel like I'm the only one talking!" 

"I don't know," Zayn said, scratching the back of his neck. "But that pizza sounds amazing." He wiggled his eyebrows. "Or AMAZAYN!" 

"I think EXTRORDINHARRY sounds better," Harry said grinning, his dimples showing.  

"Well, you can fight over that later. Let's go make some pizza!" Rachel exclaimed, grabbing her towel.

We ran to the kitchen, after several people slipping on the tiled floors.  

"Okay. We need cheese, sauce, dough, does anyone want pepperoni?" Liam asked, looking through the fridge.  

"I do!" We all chorused.  

"Okay. Pepperoni, anything else?" 

"Maybe some additional tomatoes? And some basil?" I suggested to them.  

"Sounds good!" Harry said, nodding his head.

I put my iPod on shuffle, and it blared out "C'mon C'mon." 

"THE CLUBBING SONG!" I yelled out loud during the introduction. We made the pizza while dancing around the kitchen to various One Direction songs. Occasionally a song by Metallica would come on, but I'd have to change it because they were the swear filled songs.

"Alright let's see how they came out," I said, grabbing some oven mitts, taking the pizzas out of the oven, and placing them on the counter.  

"Can we just eat them and NOT just look at them? I'm starved!" Liam groaned, observing the wonderful looking good before us.  

"I like that idea," Zayn said, holding up a hand. I laughed, and shut off the music. Harry grabbed 9 plates for all of us, and placed them on the table.  

"Everyone take at least 2, then we'll see how many are left," Harry said with a smile. I nodded, Rachel took the first slices of hot pizza, and slid them onto her plate. Next came Harry, Zayn, Liam, Niall, Louis, JJ, and last but never least, me! We sat down at the table, and ate the delicious pizza silently.

"We did a good job," I said, pushing my plate towards the center of the table, signifying that I was done.  

"Very true. Do you have any ice cream? For after everyone is done," Louis said with a mischievous smile. 

"Yeah we have coffee, my favorite, vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry," I said, recalling the ice cream we had in the freezer that we had bought a couple days ago. "Is everyone done?" They nodded, I gathered the plates, and put them in the sink for me to clean later.

"Do you gyuys want ice cream?" I called to them from the kitchen. 

"Yes please!" Harry said, answering for everyone. I nodded, grabbed the ice cream from the freezer, and put it on the dining room table. 

"Okay, i just need to get bowl and spoons. Unless you want hot fudge. Would anyone like some hot fudge?" I asked them all.

"I would!" Liam said, holding up his hand.

"Liam, Thta's a very good song, and I know McFly is awesome and all, since they wrote it, but that's not an answer. Would you like some hot fudge?" Rachel said, shaking her head, with a sly smile on her face. I recognised the song lyrics she was quoting, and at the next possible chance, I was going to jump  in on the joke.

"I would!" Liam said, still not catching on.

"Would he say he's in L-O-V-E?" I said, looking at Rachel with a knowing smirk. "Well, If it was me, then I would,"

"I would!" Zayn ans Niall jumped in, recognising their song.

"Guys! Seuriously! I would like some hot fudge!"

"Would he please you? Would he kiss you? Would he treat you like I would?" I sang, dacing around the kitchen with Harry, who joined in with me.

"Like I would!" Zayn sang, as we all formed a conga line.

"Would he hold you when you're feeling low? Baby, you should know that I would!" I sang with Zayn, Niall, Louis, and Harry.

"I'll just get it myself," Liam said, frustrated, as he walked into the kitchen. 

"Can you get some bowls too?" I called to him.

"Get them yourself!" Ouch!

"Want some ice with that burn?" Zayn whispered quietly, but I could still hear him.

"What did you say?" I challenged him.

"I said 'Want some ice with that burn!'" Zayn said, playfully getting in my face.

"I think this ice cream will do just fine. On your face," I said, scooping a large amount of ice cream into my hand, and putting it all over his face.

"You. Did. Not. Get. That. In. My. Hair." Zayn said, acting really angry. I just laughed, seeing as I did get some in his perfectly styled hair.

"Pfft, me? no!" I said, looking left, then right, and dashing for the stairs to my room, Zayn hot on my heels. Just before I reached it though, he tackled me to the ground, and started tickling me relentlessly.