The Summer to Remember ch.9

"What happened to you two?" Liam questioned us, sitting on the couch and looking very relaxed. They must've all come home from the beach already. I took a look at Niall and I in the mirror and laughed. My hair was out of place, we were both sweating, out of breath, and leaning against the door for support.

"Paps," I said as I tried to steady my breathing.

"How far did they chase you guys?" Zayn asked, raising his eyebrows and taking in our unkempt appearance.

"From the ice cream shop, all the way to here," Niall said as we dumped our stuff on the floor and took off our now sandy flip flops.

"That's just about 3 and a half miles," I said, putting my shoes away. "I'm going to go take a shower," I said, going up the stairs, grabbing some clothes, running into the bathroom, and locking the door.

After my 30 minute shower-I know, I take so long!- I emerged from the bathroom in my Pj's, even though it was only 4 o'oclock. I ran downstairs and looked throught the kitchen for any food.

"Aha!" I exclaimed when I found the pizza in the fridge from a couple days ago. I took a couple slices out and went into the living room to eat them. "Where is Chantelle?" I asked, looking around.

"Um, She has a date." Harry said uncomfortably. I rose my eyebrows and a smile came onto my face.

"Really? With who?" I asked excitedly. Harry coughed awkwardly and no one spoke.

"Okay, she has the date with Matt." Louis said angrily, looking at the floor. I put my pizza down and sat next to him on the couch.

"Lou? Are you okay?" I asked, wrapping my arms tentatively around him.

"I'm fine!" He snapped at me. I shrank back

.

"Oh. Sorry," I said walking back over to my pizza dish to discover none on it. "Who ate my pizza?" I asked calmly, looking around at everyone. I saw Niall lick his fngers lean out of the corner of my eye. "You! You ate my food!"

"As your boyfriend, I think it is okay that I take your food," Niall said to me, crossing his arms over his chest defiantly.

"Wait? Boyfriend?" Rachel asked, her mouth gaping open. I turned towards her uncomfortably.

"Oh yeah. While we were at the ice cream shop Niall asked me to be his girlfriend," I said, staring at my feet. Before I knew it, someone had tackled me to the floor in a hug. "Who are you and what are you doing to me?!" I asked, nervously laughing.

"It's Louis, and welcome to the Family, Hannah!" Louis said, grinning down at me. I giggled.

"Okay, Lou, get off her," Louis scrambled off of me.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you. It's just I really like Chantelle and it-" He cut himself off and blushed.

"OO! Does Loubear have a crush on Chantelle?" I asked him, wiggling my eyes and laughing at myself.

"Pfft no I-"

"I was just kidding Lou! Anyway, do you guys want to have a camp out tonight? I was thinking about it before and I know it's really cold outside, but you guy can go home, and grab your stuff while Chantelle, Rachel, and I go to the store and get some food, like s'mores and stuff for the firepit!" I said excitedly, looking around.

"You have a firepit?! Cool!" Niall said, looking excited for this. "I say yes!"

"Yes."

"Yes."

"Hannah, you have 4 yes's we'll see you in boot camp!" Louis said, in his best impression of Simon Cowell. I laughed.

"Yay! Okay-"

"Hey guys! We're back!" Chantelle said, bursting through the door, clinging onto Matt's hand. I watched as the happiness in Louis's silvery blue eyes drained out.

"Uh, hey." I said awkwardly, breaking the dead silence. I looked over at their hands, then up at them, then gulped. "How was your date?" I asked them.

"It was great! We went to Ella's, and it was so fun!" Chantelle like up at Matt. "Right Mattie?"

"Yeah, it was so much fun! Especially when....um..." Matt paused, while a blush colored his cheeks.

"What?!" I asked nervously and anxiously. I hoped it wasn't....what I thought it was if you catch my drift.

"We're together now!" Chantelle said excitedly, looking up at Matt. My eyes widened. Oh no....How was Louis going to react to this??

"Oh. Congrats?" I said with false enthusiasm, and making it sound like a question.

"What?! You've only known each other for what? Three hours? Four at most?" Louis shouted angrily. I knew it! He does like Chantelle!

"Are you sure you want this? So soon after Chase?" I asked her quietly from the couch.

"Yes. I'm sure. Matt isn't like Chase. He wouldn't do that to me. I need to move on at some point, an here's a good start. Expect Matt to be here more often." Chantelle said, spinning on her heel and dragging Matt to the kitchen.

Louis's POV:

The only question going through my head is why?

She really was gone, I hadn't taken the opportunity to get her while she was single.

Now she was taken. By my former best friend.

--------------------------------------------

Hii!!! First of all, I need to say thank you, you guys have been amazingly supportive and it warms my heart when I see my story on someone's reading list.

Second of all, I would still like to thank you, I have now almost 340 reads on The Summer to Remember. :)

Fourth of all(yes I did skip third of all)....um.....go check out Welcome to the X-Factor games! Written by SwedishScott. It's a really good story....I'm kind of addicted to it....hahahha :)

Also! If you have time, check out The Accidental Skype call by LouisYouHottie. AMAZAYN story as well!

Okay....and I'm sorry I have random updates, I actaully wrote this chapter during Literature class.....

Thank you again! How many times have I said(or written) thank you in the last couple minutes? A lot. Okay anyway, thank you!

Love you guys to the moon and back and don't forget to.....

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

Love you guys!

--awesomegurl33