The Summer to Remember ch.18

"Wow, thank you so much for all coming!" Rachel said shakily, standing on the stage, holding the microphone up to her mouth. "I have had a LOT of fun, and I think this has been one of the best birthdays ever!" We all cheered, and Louis stuck his fingers in his mouth and sucessfully, much to my surprize, whistled. "I met a lot of amazng people tonight, and I'd especially like to thank my best friend, and the organizer of this whole thing, Hannah!" Everyone started cheering again, and Niall wrapped an arm around my shoulders and squeezed me in an attempt at a sideways hug. "Enjoy the rest of the party guys! Thank you all for attending!" Everyone clapped as she set the microphone back on the stand and walked down the steps from the stage, and the DJ started to set up.

Niall and I ended up finding Harry with a blonde girl off to the side of the large club-like party room.

"Hi!" I said, the girl turning around, and my mouth opened in shock. "Um, You're Taylor Swift."

"You're Hannah Ryder." She imitated me, a wide smile working its way onto her face.

"Yes I am!" I said, smiling wider. "So I see you and Harry seem to be getting along!" I said, nodding to the curly haired boy standing no less then three feet away from us.

"Yes, he's extremely nice. I don't exactly know a lot of people here, so he introduced me to some of them, including Rachel Taylor and Ed, and some others. I've having a lot of fun. Rachel said you planned this? Did you do it all by yourself?" She asked me, turning just a little bit, so that the lights hit her dress making it sparkle like a disco ball. It was a white dress covered in silver seqins.

"That's nice! Thank you, Harry, for that. I planned it mostly by myself. But I had a bit of help from the boys, but I love to plan stuff like this." I said with a smile. Even though most of her ex-boyfriends painted her as the world's biggest bitch, she actually could be quite kind.

"First birthday parties, next, weddings!" She joked with a laugh. Someone tapped me on the shoulder, and I turned around to face Rachel(the birthday girl), who pulled me away from Taylor.

"Make sure she doesn't get too close to Harry, alright?" I frowned.

"What do you mean, Rachel. She's lovely!"

"That's what she wants you to think. You know how quickly she snags guys. I don't want this to happen. Please, just prevent it?" My best friend begged, looking sad.

I sighed, giving in. "Oh, alright. I need food first though. One second," and I darted away to the refreshments table to grab something to eat. I loaded come tortilla chips and salsa onto my plate, standing off to the side as I watched Taylor and Harry talk.

"Hannah!" Zayn walked over to me, a blonde who I assumed was Perrie, hanging onto his arm. "Nice party," he said with a wink.

"We'll, you did help plan it. And I'm impressed. You guys did a wonderful job with the whole decorating thing." I said, looking around the room.

"Thanks! And anytime. Call us up, we'll be right over!"

"I might take you up on that offer." Then I turned to Perrie. "Since Zayn here is being stupid and not introducing you, I'm Hannah," I said, holding out my hand for her to shake it. She shook my hand and a smile lit up her face.

"Hi Hannah, I'm Perrie." She said, shaking my hand.

"Hi! Do you know everyone else?" She nodded her head yes. "Alright then. I'm going to go request a song, and I'll be back!" I said, placing my long forgotten chips and salsa on the table and walking over to the girl standing behind the DJ-ing equipment.

"Hi!" I shouted to her, the speakers making it hard to hear.

"Hi! I'm guessing you're Hannah?" She shouted back. I nodded.

"That's me! What's your name?"

"I'm Maddee. You can call me Maddee," she said, winking with a small smile.

"You don't seem like the normal DJ-ing type! No offense..."

She waved her hand in front of her face. "Not the type? I'm the assistant. I don't know how to work this stuff! My boss who was supposed to be here got sick, so I had to come in his place." She scoffed, clearly not liking her boss.

"Come and join the party then! I'll plug in my iPod and put on a playlist." I suggested. She looked hesitant, but then nodded.

"Ok!"

"I can introduce you to some people if you want?"

"Sure! Thank you so much Hannah," she said with a grateful smile. I returned it.

"No problem at all!" I introduced the girl to Taylor, Rachel Taylor, Rachel, Harry, Niall, and Louis.

When I was introducing her to Louis, I could see it in her eyes how much she was star struck. He must be her favorite one in the band! I smirked at her knowingly, and her cheeks heated up in a blush.

"Shut up," she muttered, punching my shoulder lightly. I just laughed at Louis's confused expression, and he soon joined in, knowing we wouldn't tell him.

-----------

Hope y'all enjoyed the chapter even though it's not my best. It's 11:14 and I have school tomorrow, so you're welcome. :)

Love you all to the moon and back.

--awesomegurl33