seven "you like.."

{nari's POV}

we were all standing there.. watching the showdown without stepping it because after all, this was her battle and we're only there to catch her if she becomes too weak to fight any longer.

i looked at my girlfriend who seemed to be strong, but i know that in her heart, she was ready to break down.

my father's hand squeezed mine to help me know that he's there if anything were to happen.

"you can keep that love, but you have to compete with her and win the election. if you don't? she's out of your life."

his voice was stern and clear that it made minji agree after a slight moment of hesitation.

"and you, hwang nari." he stepped towards my direction, making minji and my father stand in front of me protectively.

"don't think for a second that you can give up the title to her so easily. you have a legacy to keep, remember?"

unfortunately he was right. i know minji is my girlfriend, but i have a legacy on the line..

"yes." i said quietly, looking down at the floor.

"this won't end until you're president, kim minji."

he warned for the final time and opened the front so harshly that the doorknob almost came off from the force of his hands grabbing it.

once he left out the door, i turned minji around by the wrist and launched myself to her.

we shared a long and tight hug until we felt more arms being put around us. now everyone was hugging the two sobbing girls of the bunch. all of this felt so warm and comforting.. i knew that not only myself but minji found a safe place in the form of the people surrounding us now.

"he won't hurt you jagiya.. not when we're here."

"thank you everyone.." she managed to say through her labored breathing.

i hushed her because her breathing was too fast and short for my own liking.

"shh.. you're okay, you're okay." i whispered.

the others saw that and took the hint to move away to get her some more space to breathe. i let go and held her face up for me to wipe away her tears that were flowing down that beautiful face of hers.

"we will be okay, you will be okay and everything will be okay as long as we have each other." she nodded at my words.

{???'s POV}

should've been me.. but she stole her away before i got the chance to even confess. i will show you who you actually belongs to, the one who you should've chosen.. hwang nari.

———

{nari's POV}

i finished having minji tucked in to sleep for some time after a long day of strain being put onto her heart and mind. i headed downstairs where yunjin unnie and hanni were seated on the couch, talking amongst themselves. as i made my way to the front, a peculiar someone was staring at me.

"what are you looking at, huh yunjin?" i asked with a raised eyebrow.

"i'm proud of you nari-ah. you stood your ground against her father and reassured her when you're also scared."

"my heart hurt when i saw her crying. she's not the type to cry so much, yunjin unnie."

"you did a great job, the both of you." we smiled at each other and she pinched my cheek.

"hey man!" i turned my focus to the small vietnamese girl.

"what bro?"

"come here." she patted next to her.