𝟎𝟐𝟏 peanut gallery

𝐓 𝐖 𝐄 𝐍 𝐓 - 𝐎 𝐍 𝐄peanut gallery

𝐓 𝐖 𝐄 𝐍 𝐓 - 𝐎 𝐍 𝐄
peanut gallery

If one thing was clear, it was that Meredith wasn't telling the whole truth.

After finding her in the men's locker room, Caleb had walked her to Sarah's car, where she knew the blonde would be waiting. She didn't say anything. The second her eyes lay on her best friend, Sarah knew something was wrong. She barely spoke, and she couldn't seem to stop hugging herself.

Sarah had attempted to pry an answer from Caleb, but he knew it wasn't his place to say anything. Meredith would explain if she was ready.

So, even when Sarah began explaining the plan to Meredith, she hardly listened. The blonde had stopped at Tanny Hill in search of a Plat map, which John B Routledge had requested. Then, they were off to Hawk's Nest.

Meredith didn't interject when the blonde began driving towards the tower. She could feel her best friend's eyes watching her cautiously; something was so clearly wrong with her.

"Do you want to talk about whatever's going on?" She eventually broke the silence, one hand on the steering wheel while the other held the map.

Her words were what snapped her out of her thoughts, Meredith turning to look at the blonde. Sarah took notice of her disheveled hair. One thing about Meredith Waters was that she never let her hair grow out of control. So, if she did, there was surely a problem. Not to mention, her mascara was slightly smudged underneath her bottom lashes, and her nose was red from rubbing it.

"No, thanks," her voice was barely above a whisper, but the silence made it easy for Sarah to hear her. Awkwardly, the blonde kook nodded, lips pursed. She truly didn't know what to say. Meredith had been off ever since she met her at the car, and if she even attempted to get answers, the girl would shut down.

It was incredibly hard talking to someone who built walls around her heart before she knew how to tie her shoe laces.

"Do you want to talk about what's going on with me and John B?" Sarah suggested, hoping that changing the subject was the wiser decision, but she shut down that idea, too.

"Not really," Meredith sniffled, arms wrapped around her cold figure in hopes that she could warm herself up.

"Okay..." Sarah pursed her lips, tousled blonde hair following over her shoulder when she looked back towards the road. It had gotten relatively dark outside, the only lightsource being the moon and the car's headlights.

Other than that, they were engulfed in complete darkness.

Finally, she had enough of the silence, turning to look over at the silent girl beside her. "Okay, what happened? You're clearly upset about something, and you won't even talk to me."

"Nothing happened, Sarah," Meredith shrugged, pushing her long hair past her shoulder and out of her face.

"Come on, Mer," the blonde sighed, tilting her head sympathetically. "You know that's not true."