𝟎𝟓𝟏 hide and seek

𝐅 𝐈 𝐅 𝐓 𝐘 - 𝐎 𝐍 𝐄hide and seek

𝐅 𝐈 𝐅 𝐓 𝐘 - 𝐎 𝐍 𝐄
hide and seek

"Okay, so... what the hell happened?" Caleb was quick to interrogate the girl as soon as they were out of reach from their suffocating parents. If he wanted her to be truthful, they would need privacy, and Jenna Waters would be the last to make that happen.

The curly-haired boy sat backward in Meredith's vanity chair, legs on both sides. In his hands was a pink teddy bear, which, if you asked him, was so Meredith Waters. He had taken it off her bed that she now sat on, beginning to fill him in on everything that had gone down from joining the Pogue squad to being exempt from it.

"It's all just so complicated," Meredith sighed, trying not to let her emotions get in the way because whenever she thought of the previous weeks of summer, she thought about Sarah. And JJ. "Where do I start?"

"Start with you ditching me for the Pogues," his comment came out as a joke, but the girl still shot him a warning glare from her bed, eyebrows arched. Caleb waited patiently, sensing her nervousness. However, he knew she'd have to talk about it eventually.

"Okay, um..." She stared into space, trying to recover the hidden memories of where it all began. Eventually, it all came back to her like the common cold. "Well, we went to the Crain's house, you know? The one with the creepy old lady and the garden? That one?"

"Yeah," Caleb nodded, spinning the teddy bear in his hands. "Hide and seek- how could I forget?"

"Okay, so, basically, we found the gold," Meredith continued, allowing room for his reactions. It wasn't often- or at all, really- that she talked about the Pogue escapade she got dragged into to. She never had anyone to talk to about it, but now, with Caleb before her, it felt refreshing. "Four-hundred million. We tried to melt it down, total blow."

"Wait- four hundred million?" The boy gaped, lips parted in shock. He had heard useless stories about the sunken ship, but he was never struggling financially to care. Besides, he was never a sucker for unfindable or pirate tendencies.

"Yeah," She nodded, trying to rush out her story. "Kiara didn't melt it down enough, damn her." Although the words came out as hostile, a wide grin was plastered along her glossy lips because as much as she made fun of the girl, she loved her, and she missed her.

"So, you guys are friends again?" He furrowed his brows, trying to piece together the parts she hadn't connected for him. "Just throwing everything that happened out the window?"

"Yeah, we were good, until now- but we'll get to that," She waved him off. "Anyways, we tried pawning it off, trade it for money, but we got robbed on the side of the road by Rafe's drug dealer- Yeah, save your comments." She put a hand up mid-air when he opened his mouth to speak. "JJ, being the person he is, stole twenty-five thousand from said drug dealer and basically blew it all on expensive shit instead of his restitution."