Chapter 3

"Andrew is going to join you in this trip."

I almost sit back down with disbelief.

Be professional Eliana. He's the boss. I tell myself before saying. "Alright sir."

I look and Andrew and he is already looking at me, probably expecting something but I have no comeback for this.

Andrew is soon going to take over the Global Business since his father is going to retire and to prove himself suitable for the chair, he is looking into the business by himself, attending all the meetings and all.

I finish my work and tell my assistant to make the necessary arrangements for the trip. Anna stops in the midsentence of whatever she was writing in her notepad when I mention her that Andrew is accompanying me this time. She very well knows how much I dislike him.

"Are you sure Ms. Loren?" she asks raising her eyebrow.

"Well the authorities make the call Anna. I don't have a say in that." I tell her shrugging.

"Okay"

I will be gone for almost a fortnight this time since this is the first project there. We will have to meet the other businesses that would help us in promoting and selling our products. There is a lot of work that needs to be done in order to have a good launching in Italy. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

It's almost past six when I get a call on the intercom.

"Yes?"

"At my office Ms. Loren." Andrew's voice comes through.

"I'm busy at the moment Sir." I try to say it as politely as I can. I have never been to his office ever. Being with the same room as him isn't something I would like.

I hear a sigh and almost imagine him scratching his eyebrows out of habit before he says, " It's about the project Elaina. I have to know about it to go for the launching." He's right. His dumb ass needs to know everything before he leaves for Italy or he'll keep asking me for every details of the project.

"Okay sir." I agree and cut the call.

I take all the necessary files and take a deep breath before leaving my office. Let's get this done.

"I'll be at Andrew sir's office." I tell Anna on my way out.

I take the elevator to the twentieth floor and recheck myself in the mirror. I am wearing a formal peach coloured outfit. My hair are loose falling back on my hips. And my eyes look tired from work all day.

The doors open and exit the elevator. Andrew's assistant John gives me a small smile before opening the door for me. I take another deep breath before entering inside.

His office is just like I expected. Simple. He is sitting behind his large table typing away something on his laptop.

He looks up as soon as my heels make a sound.

"Ms. Loren." he nods formally and gestures me towards the sitting area. The one like his father has.

I take my seat and lay out the files I bought with me.

"One Iced-americano and regular coffee for us John." he tells before sitting down across from me.

My heart could come out anytime by now. I can feel it beating faster. That's the way it reacts everytime I am near him. I don't know why its that way. Tried to find the reason but didn't find any.

"What details do you want to know about the Italy project sir?" I ask him.

"Everything I need to know." he says crossing his legs making himself comfortable.

"Okay."

"Eliana" he says out of nowhere as I am going through the files to find the right documents to explain.

"Yes sir"

"Relax. You are nervous." I take a deep breath

"No. I'm fine. This is my work and I don't get nervous doing it." I blabber.

He almost cracks a smile but stops himself before saying, " You are nervous around me. I know that. I have always known to read your face. You are vulnerable infront of me."

I freeze.

******************************

A/N

Don't forget to like, share and comment.