Friends

That night I meet up with Andrea, she comes over to my appartement to have some wine and snacks and gossip for a bit.

"Okay, I know, I know it's bad of me to ask this..." she begins.

"You want me to introduce you to him?" I ask, one eyebrow raised. She nods.

"Okay, come on. I know he has to leave in like..." I check my phone. "10 minutes. So it won't be long. But that's probably good, for his sake,"

Andrea rolls her eyes and sprints towards the door. 

"I can't believe it's right next door!" she squeals while pointing at the door next to mine. I laugh, it's funny seeing her this eager to meet someone.

I knock.

He opens up almost immediately.

Wow.

He told me he and the guys were going to perform at a charity event tonight, because they're raising money for the floods in Slovenia. But I didn't expect him to wear a fancy ass suit. 

Although that's not uncommon for charity events, and it will be broadcasted on national TV, I just hadn't thought about it. Jan in a suit... I never thought he could look this sophisticated.

Andrea looks at me, waiting for me to introduce them. We're massively underdressed compared to him, sweats and a hoodie.

"You look great," I try to keep my jaw from falling on the floor.

"Thank you," he says with a smug look on his face. He knows he looks great. 

"Uhm, this is my friend who I was telling you about,"

"Hi, it's nice to meet you!" she says.

"Nice to meet you too Andrea," he gives her a hug. Over his shoulder I hear her whispering "he knows my name!!!!" while pointing at him.

I can't help but laugh at her excitement.

"Are you ready for the event tonight?" I ask him. He walks back inside to grab his stuff. I see Drea peaking through the door.

"Yeah, I think. I'm not running late for once so I think the odds are in my favour,"

"Oh yeah I heard you were doing that charity event. Are you going to perform?" Drea asks.

"We'll probably just do Carpe Diem since there's more bands coming. You guys are donating too right?" 

I nod. "Yes, I think we're going to watch the event on tv," I see Andrea nodding enthusiastically in the corner of my eye.

"That's great. I'll do my best if I know you're watching," he smiles and looks at me. Is this man flirting with me? I try not to turn red but I fail miserably so I just turn around a little. 

Drea looks at me, her facial expression tells me she knows exactly what he's doing. I mean, he could not have made it less obvious.

"I really need to leave now, but thanks for stopping by. I'll see you later," he gives us both another hug while we wish him good luck.

Back at the appartement Drea covers her mouth to scream. "Oh my god! He was so totally flirting with you,"

"He was not!" I say, purposefully dragging my "o" so she knows I'm being sarcastic.

"So you guys are all good now? No more being grumpy to him?" Drea looks at me with raised eyebrows.

"Nope, no more being grumpy. We're just friendly neighbours now,"