Storm

We get back to the appartement building, laughing and panting loudly.

I'm absolutely drenched from the rain.

We run up the stairs. Panting, I crash into my door. Jan and I both stand with our hands on our knees, gasping for air for a couple of seconds.

Still wheezing, Jan asks: "I'll sleep at your place tonight?" although it's more like an announcement than a question.

"Yeah, sure, I need a hot shower first though. And then I'm going to take you up on that massage," I strictly point at him.

"Sounds good," 

We both get inside our apartments to heat up and get some stuff. I quickly slip out of all my clothes and turn the heater of the shower up to the maximum temperature.

I rake my fingers through my hair, washing it with some coconut scented shampoo. I know Jan will be much quicker than me so I try to hurry a bit.

When I get out of the shower, I hear that the rain has turned into a full-on thunderstorm.

After picking out a cozy outfit, consisting of some sweatpants and a laced pyjama top, someone knocks on my door. I put my clothes on while walking over there and open up. 

His soaking wet hair is dripping on his white shirt, making it slightly see-through. He's wearing the same sweats as last night. He only has a pair of shorts and a pack of an unopened toothbrush on him.

He walks over to my bathroom and then unpacks the toothbrush and puts it in a cup next to mine on the sink.

"I just figured, if we're going to be doing this more often I should have a toothbrush here. I have a new one for you at my place too," 

"Uhh, yeah! That's smart,"  we have our own toothbrushes in each others appartement now?? What's next, marriage?

I blow dry my hair while Jan finds us something short to watch on my Netflix account. The thunder sounds loud in the appartement. I should probably close my bedroom window if we want to have any chance of sleeping tonight.

We end up watching the first episode of Modern Family, which is a classic to me, but he's never seen it before.

After that, we make our way to my bedroom again. I didn't bother setting something up, since I don't even have an extra mattress and the only air mattress I own has holes so it deflates really quick.

Jan sits down on the bed. He's about to say something when it happens....

A loud clash.

And suddenly, all the power is off.

"Shit!" I scream. I can't see anything, the only thing that's slightly lighting up the room is the moon. It seems like the whole city is out of power.

"Fuck, I should probably check on Igor. He hates thunderstorms. I'll be back, okay?" 

"Yeah, of course,"

I feel Jan grabbing me by the waist. He sits me down on the bed and then walks out of the room.

Then follows the sound of my door unlocking and closing. My phone rings. Thank God that still works.

I see Bojan's name on the screen.

"Hey, Lilah, are you guys okay? I can't seem to reach Jan," I hear people talking in the background.

"We're good. He's just checking in on Igor. I think the sound of his phone is off,"

"Oh, okay. That explains it. We were worried you might not make it back in time,"

"No, we're inside, no need to worry. How is it going over there?"