Photoshoot

The next afternoon I get to convince Jan to Skype with my family. He's a bit nervous, which I find so so cute. 

I'm nervous too. My family knows my.. quite long list of ex-boyfriends and they weren't great. Like, none of them were. When I first sent my mom Jan's full name, she immediately Googled him and of course found pictures of my new man, shirtless, black hair, piercing, alcohol. She was.... doubtful. To say the least.

But when I finally get to introduce him to my family, everyone loves him. The Skype goes really well, they can't stop asking Jan questions. They're especially interested in his love for math, my dad being a mathematician and all.

At the end of the conversation, my mom very openly discloses how happy she is that I've finally found someone different, someone more suitable. Which is really awkward, since I haven't really told Jan about any of my exes yet..

Thankfully, he doesn't ask.

The first week of uni goes by surprisingly fast. I enjoy my classes and there's nice people from all over the world. I think I really feel at home here already. In the beginning, I was scared about leaving my family for 3-4 years, but now that I've spent about a month here, I'm not even sure if I'll ever want to go back. Maybe.. Slovenia is my home.

I get to meet up with Andrea for some coffee dates in-between classes, which is much needed since I have so much to tell these days, I can't even keep up with it. And of course she has much to tell me about her second year of geography studies.

That weekend, it's showtime. Me and Mark discussed some stuff about the shoot for their new album over the phone, my logo design has officially been approved and will be used for bags, hoodies, t-shirts. You name it. I can't wait to see it in their store...

Mark and Vita are going to shoot it, together with some other photographers, and I get to help with directing and clothing. 

Me and Jan are in the back of the minibus, driving to the location of the shoot. 

Bojan is driving, Jure is in the seat next to him. The other guys are in the other car.

It's quiet, apart from the country music on the radio.

"I'm really happy you got to come along," Jan smiles at me.

"Yeah, me too," I give him a quick kiss.

"Boooo, get a room," Bojan looks at us through the mirror and laughs.

"Yeah, yeah, call me when you ever get a girlfriend. Maybe we'll consider then," Jan softly pats him on his shoulder. 

We arrive at the shooting location, which is a beautiful field outdoors. For this album, they wanted to go with a floral, natural theme. Lots of pastel colours and white.

We're the first to arrive, but when the others do I'm greeted by a hug from the back by Kris. He's so much taller than me, I scream and almost fall over. 

Jan's already in the make-up chair, getting purple blush smeared on his cheeks and nose. He laughs at us and shouts; "don't break her, we still need her today,"

When their outfits are on, coordinated by me, and their hair and makeup is ready, I must say they all look majestic. 

We get some beautiful shots in that day, I can already tell this new album will spread joy all over the fandom. I can't wait for everyone to hear it. 

Once we're done, we decide to go out for drinks. I send the guys over to a table in the crowded bar, while I get us our first round.

I arrive at the table with a tray full of beers, thankfully I don't trip on my way there because that would have been so awkward.

"Before you guys chug your beers..." I begin, to grab their attention. The group looks at me, smiling. I literally have to hold back my happy tears, again.

"I just want to say thank you for making me feel so welcome these last few weeks. I started my journey here in Ljubljana with barely any friends, but then you guys showed up, and I'm really grateful to have such an amazing support group already. So.. thanks. Again," I chuckle awkwardly, waiting for someone to say something.

But before I know it, they all start talking at the same time and get up from the booth to trap me in a tight group hug. 

"You don't have to thank us, that's what friends are for," Jure says, while rubbing my back.

I think back to the last time I heard someone say that sentence, and look over to Jan, who's holding back his laugh, obviously thinking of the same thing.

"Yeah, of course," I grin. 

Bojan drives us all back home again. I fall asleep on Jan's shoulder after 5 minutes.

The first thing I see when I open my eyes is the car driving away. That's when I notice I'm somehow floating in the air, but when I look up I see that Jan's carrying me.

"Hi,"

"Hey, you're awake,"

He doesn't sound to be struggling carrying me at all. Maybe we should do this more often, huh?

"Yeah,"

He puts me down, unfortunately, and grabs my hand.

In silence, we go up the stairs. Moonlight peaking through the big windows in the hallways. It's moments like this where I would really wish I lived on the bottom floor. But then again, if I lived there me and Jan might not have been together right now. I can't even remember what life was like without him.

Half my belongings are in Jan's appartement at this point, so we go right over to the bathroom.

I feel too tired for my skincare so I only brush my teeth and then walk over to the bedroom, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

Jan is walking behind me, and when we're both inside the room he grabs me by my waist to spin me around. He softly pushes me up against the wall.

I'm so tired, but never too tired to resist him.

He looks at me, his beautiful dark brown eyes almost hypnotising me, and then starts to lean in.

He plants tender, wet kisses down my neck. I can't help but let a soft moan escape my lips.

Already weak in my legs, I let him take me over to the bed. On the way there, he closes the bedroom door to leave us in the dark.

When he slowly takes off his shirt, and a beam of light from the lamppost outside lights up his chest, I know. I know I never want to leave.

A/N 

Hii everyone 🌞 I hope you're all doing well!

Thanks for all the love and support on this story so far <3, I do have to say (this might be quite sudden) that the next chapter will be the last one, apart from the epilogue. I feel like Jan and Lilah are on the right path, I don't feel like creating more drama or anything like that.

If it's any consolation though, I've already started writing the next story! I still kind of have to decide whether it will be about Jure or Kris, so please cast your vote in the comments!!

There will be more drama and complications in that story as well, if you're into that 🤣. It will be super fun and very different from anything else I've done, so I'm excited!!

I'm officially starting uni next Monday so that one will probably be updated once every few days.

Byeeee  🫶🏼