18| ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɪɴɢ?? ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ??

Athy's birthday and debutante ball was fast approaching, and she would make her first grand appearance before everyone. However, something had been occupying your thoughts.

"Are you planning to attend her debut?" Claude asked you, as Athy departed and took a leisurely stroll with Felix. The question lingered in the air, leaving you momentarily speechless.

"But isn't it exclusively for nobles?" you deadpanned. "Besides, I'm just a-" You felt his glare and quickly halted your words. 'What's his problem... I understand it's her debut, but as I mentioned before, only nobles are allowed to attend,' you thought, sweat forming on your brow.

"You could come along, you wouldn't want to miss out on her birthday, would you?" he said, a slight smirk playing on his lips. Your own lips twitched in response.

'Damn, the prick does have a point,' you scoffed, looking away. He let out a sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose. "What are you even doing with the young magician anyway? You're constantly by his side, like some sort of pet," he remarked. You gasped in disbelief.

"What the hell did this handsome prick just say!?"

"Just to satisfy your curiosity, I'm sticking with him like glue because I'm diligently working on controlling my magic," you replied with an irritated smile.

"Besides, I don't even know how to dance myself," you said. He choked on his tea upon hearing this, causing you to feel visibly embarrassed. "Hey! I have a damn good reason for not knowing how to dance in the first place!" you exclaimed angrily. He quickly covered his mouth, trying to suppress his laughter, and wiped away some tea that had splattered. "You shouldn't have joined Athy for her dancing lessons..." he managed to say between stifled chuckles, that he tried to cover it with his hand. 

"I don't need it!" you exclaimed, swinging your arms up and down in frustration. "I can practice by myself, alone!" you huffed. "Really? Don't you have to practice with someone?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Doesn't matter!" you exclaimed, somewhat defiantly.

"Then you're willing to go?" he asked, seeking confirmation.

"Eh," you froze, caught off guard. "But..." You closed your lips tightly and turned your gaze away. "As the emperor, you can attend her debut whether you like it or not. It doesn't matter if you can dance or not..."

"Damn..." you muttered, suddenly hit with a realization. 'But I can see... Ijekiel!!' Your eyes widened, sparkling with excitement. 'Kya, I really want to meet him, but at the same time... ugh, I'm having second thoughts!' You cried out, torn between conflicting emotions and unsure of what decision to make.

'That handsome angel, he's the one I want to meet the most...' You paused, contemplating your thoughts. 'Not to mention, it's been a while since I've interacted with a woman. I've been surrounded by men my whole life.' Your complexion paled as yet another realization struck you. "I'll need some time to think about it," you concluded, acknowledging the need for careful consideration. You weren't having any other choice but to join her Debutdante. 

"Don't keep me waiting for too long. The day is drawing near," he urged.

"Yeah, yeah," you replied dismissively, acknowledging his words but not fully committing to a response.

[<3]

"Simple as that, you should definitely go," Lucas said, looking you dead in the eye. However, you continued to avert your gaze.

"Ehhhmrmm," he groaned in frustration. "Stop overthinking for a minute and just do it. Go to her debut."

"But won't little Lucas miss me?" you asked, "Who would miss you!? I won't!" a hint of irritation in his voice, you sniffed playfully teasing him. 'Tsundere Lucas, much.'