24| ɪ'ʟʟ ɢɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ

As you peer through the window of his majesty's workroom, you utter your thoughts in a tone filled with delight. "Isn't it wonderful? Athy finally got to have some girl friends to talk with, instead of that dumb magician boy..." Your words carry a sense of joy and satisfaction, emphasizing your happiness at seeing the princess surrounded by new companions. 

It's been weeks now, and this is already Athy's second tea party with the girls she had met in her debut. You have never taken a chance to meet them, as you were busy working with a familiar magician through the palace. 

Lost in thought, you keep your eyes out the window, watching them as the sunlight dances upon the palace grounds. 

"Hmm," he replied, his focus unbroken as he continued his work. The air was filled with a tranquil stillness between the two of you, accompanied only by the sound of the pen scratching on paper. "Are you not planning on joining them?" he asked, breaking the silence. You glanced behind you to look at him, then turned your gaze back to the window.

"No, I want her to have this time for herself," you replied, offering a soft smile as you observed the scene outside. "Since I don't have anything to do here, I might as well go look for Lucas." With that, you stood up from your seat and made your way towards the door, unaware of the subtle twitch in Claude's eyebrows upon hearing the little magician's name.

"Stay and wait," he demanded, causing you to halt in your tracks. You blinked your eyes multiple times, a hint of curiosity in your gaze as you observed him. His writing had noticeably quickened. Raising an eyebrow, you couldn't help but notice this subtle change. "Um... Why?" you asked, seeking clarification. He glanced at you briefly before returning his focus to his work, answering, "We are going to take a walk outside, what else." 

'What's this dude's issue?... Why am I even asking this?' you wondered silently to yourself, momentarily lost in your thoughts. However, you snapped back to reality when you heard him rise from his seat and place his pen down on the desk. "Let's go," he said, prompting you to join him. 'That fast-'

"??? What about your work, Your Majesty?" you asked, perplexed by his disregard for his responsibilities."Don't concern yourself; I will immediately delegate it to Felix," he replied, his tone dismissive."But what about the princess?" you pressed, worried about her well-being."...Just leave it be," he responded abruptly.

Before you could react, you let out a yelp of surprise as you felt his hand grasp your wrist, pulling you closer to him. Thankfully, he didn't exert too much force and cause any harm. Startled, you let out a groan. "Now, stay silent, and let us commence our walk."

"Yeah sure..." you sighed. "So..." 

[<3]

"Oh, wait a moment!" you exclaimed, a sudden discovery capturing your attention. You hurried off in a particular direction, leaving the King alone in the palace garden. He remained there, still surprised by the vibrant energy you exuded when surrounded by nature.

As he gazed up at the sky, his eyes glimmered with a distant quality. However, his senses quickly shifted, alert to the world around him. He detected a faint sound of footsteps, realizing instinctively that it wasn't you approaching.

"Who are you?" he coldly demanded, causing the poor brunette to jump and swiftly turn around to face the King himself. "You must be quite daring to wander around the Royal Palace as you please."

The brunette was too stunned to speak, her heart pounding faster within her chest. She began to stutter, struggling to form a coherent word before finally managing to speak. "D-Do you remember me, by any chance?" Such questions, made the king narrow his eyes, to dare speak to him in such a way. "Is there any reason why I should remember you in particular"