Chapter 3

The house was at least two stories tall. It was a modern house made from oak planks and cobble. I reminded me of a base me and Leandra built once. Mitch pushed open the front door and walked us into a large living room area. There was 2 couches with 2 matching arm chairs along with a small spruce coffee table and a cobblestone fireplace along the wall.
"Make yourself at home. I'm gonna go get the others."
Mitch said before disappearing down a hall. I turned to Jerome.
"There are others here? How many?"
Jerome sighed and flipped on the couch.
"There are 3 others not including Mitch and I. You'll meet them soon enough."
With a sigh me and Leandra sat on the other couch an turned to me.
"Mitch offered us rooms here if we wanted them. He just has to confirm it with the others."
I nodded and began to stare into the fireplace, watching the flames flicker different shades of orange and red, until I heard footsteps coming down the hall. Mitch and 3 others emerged from the hall. There was a boy in a blue hoodie, a blonde boy with a crimson hoodie on, and a bird in a suit, yet another hybrid. The hybrid waved to me and smiled. I gave him a wave and smiled back. They seemed nice enough but I wasn't fully ready to trust them yet. They all sat across from us and stared us down. Finally, Mitch broke the silence by clearing his throat and standing up.
"Ok guys this here is Leandra and Valerie. Leandra, Valerie, this here is Lachlan, Rob, and Choco."
I waved to them and some returned smiles and Choco waved back.
"Guys I offered them to stay here of they wanted, but I just wanted to check with you guys first."
There was a few murmurs from the group and Rob turned to Mitch and nodded. With a smile he turned back to us and stuck out a hands for both of us.
"Welcome home."
We took his hand and he helped us up. He motion for us to follow him as he started to walk down the hall.
"I'll show you to your rooms."
We walked past many doors and came to a staircase. We went up to the second floor and came to a stop in front of a door.
"Leandra, this is your room. Valerie, yours is right across the hall. Feel free to explore the house more. We eat right before sunset."
With a smile he turned and headed back down the stairs. I walked across the other side of the hall and opened the door to my new room. There was a bed with blue covers on them and a small desk. Walking over to the bedside I could make out designs on the blue covers. There was all minecraft mobs you could think of from a chicken to the ender dragon. I smiled as I flopped down onto the soft covers with a sigh. I heard a knock at my door and sat up.
"Come in."
It was Choco, he peeked his head in and smiled.
"Hey there. I was just wanting to check if you guys are settling in well."
I smiled and motioned for him to come in. He sat on the edge if my bed.
"So Choco? What kind of hybrid are you?"
"Oh, I'm a chocobo."
"A chocowhat?"
He laughed and rolled his eyes.
"A Chocobo. It's a character from final fantasy."
I remember playing that game. It was super addicting.
"Oh... It's been awhile since I played that game."
He nodded and looked to a clock that hung over the desk.
"Dinner will be ready soon. Let's just hope Jerome's not cooking, his idea of a meal is raw fish and chicken. Ugh."
With a chuckle I flopped back onto the bed.
"All I want to do right now is sleep till I can't sleep no more."
He nodded and stood.
"Well I better go and see how your friends doing, Leandra right?"
I nodded and watched as he headed to the door. Just before he went out he stopped and turned to me.
"Welcome home Valerie."
And with that he slinked out of my room.
👾~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~👾
Hey guys Pokecrafter312 here!!! If you are liking this story please leave a vote and a comment letting me know what you like about the story. If you have any ideas you wish to share just tell me in the comments and I'll look through them when I have time. Remember stay awesome and ~bai!!!!!!!