Chapter Six: Slow Day

(Your POV)

The bus finally arrived at Elmore Junior High. It screeched to a halt in front of the school, then Rocky, the bus driver, as well as the janitor and the cook, opened the bus door for everyone to step out. The students in the front rushed out, then Gumball and Darwin, then another batch of students, then finally me. I hopped off the bus, unable to see through the hordes of students rushing through the six entrance doors. I squeezed through the crowd, trying to get to my locker. I finally arrived to my locker, struggling to even open the lock, after trying to scooch through the crowd with a bit of force. As I unlocked my locker door, the halls went from filled with traffic to nearly empty, with nothing but students at their lockers. I saw Gumball and Darwin approach their lockers , which are near mine. I grabbed a pencil from my locker and was about to put it in my backpack, when it slipped out out of my hands and fell on the floor. I let the pencil be, I already had a pencil in my backpack, anyway. I noticed that Gumball was talking to his girlfriend. Darwin seemed bored, leaning against his locker door, listening to his brother and his partner talk. He let out a heavy sigh, staring at the ceiling. Even without looking at me, he knew I saw him. His cheeks became a red-orange as he chuckled. I turned my head away from his direction, "He can be annoying, can't he?" I said to him. "Tell me about it," he chuckled. "He never stops talking about..." He signaled his head toward Penny. I watched Gumball talk to his girlfriend. "Wow, I see your point," I laughed. It was sort of funny, so I kept laughing.

(Darwin's POV)

[Name] kept laughing. She was loud enough for me to hear her. I smiled. Wow, I made her laugh. I chuckled softly, so [Name] wouldn't hear me. Her laugh was so cute and gentle, it made me love her even more. The bell rang loudly for first period. Gumball and Penny both walked to class, with me in front of them. I was a few feet away from [Name]. We walked into Ms. Simian's class, and I already knew...

Today's gonna be a slow day.

Sorry this chapter is so short, but since school is over, I will have time to work on this, but I do have to go to camp during most of the summer, which sucks. Enjoy anyway! -Author