Chapter Seven: Slow Day (continued)

(Darwin's POV)
We walked into Ms. Simian's class, and I already knew today's gonna be a slow day. I sat in the back, while [Name] sat in the front, near Gumball and Penny, who were, finally, finishing up their conversation. Sure, it's sweet they're together, it just gets annoying after a while. "Good morning, class," she said in her scratchy, old-lady voice, as we all sat down. "Today in math, we will be learning about algebra..." Everyone
sighed as they took out their notebooks.
I took out my notebook and started writing, but I wasn't taking notes. I was planning on how to not act awkward around [Name] when I ask her out.
Walk up to her, say hello and ask if she has any plans for tonight.

Today's the day I ask her...

(Your POV)
As Ms. Simian was teaching us algebra (which was the most boring subject in math ever), I opened my marble notebook, but I didn't copy down any notes whatsoever. I stared down at the lined paper and the end of the pencil. I zoned out. My mind was blank except for one single thought that lingered in my mind.

Him.

I looked at the clock at the front of the room, while Ms. Simian was writing down an equation on the blackboard. 8:15. Good. We have lunch at noon, so I have at least four hours to think about this situation. I decided to not worry about it and relax. I started to copy down the equation in my notebook, not worrying about the serious question I have to ask in a matter of hours.

*Time skips to 10:00 am*

(Darwin's POV)

A whistle blows. Gym is about to begin. "Listen up!" Ms. Simian yelled. Her words echoed off the gymnasium walls. "Today, we will be playing dodgeball. I will choose the team captains and members." All the students were standing in a horizontal line. "We will be splitting into two teams, Team 1 and Team 2. Tina, you'll be Team 1's captain. Tobias, you're captain of Team 2," Ms. Simian said as Tina and Tobias stood next to Ms. Simian, waiting for their picked teammates. Gumball and Penny were whispering to each other, though it was hard to make out what they were saying. "Penny, Team 1."
Penny kissed my brother on the cheek and left to stand beside Tina. "Teri, Team 2." Teri walked over to Tobias. "Masami, Team 1, Leslie, Team 2." The cloud girl and the flower boy walked over to their team captains in unison. "Alan, Team 1. Carrie, Team 2," Ms. Simian called out. "Bobert, Team 1." Gumball whispered to me, " I hope we are on the same team." "Yeah, me too," I whispered back. "Gumball, Team 2," Ms. Simian called out. "See you on the field, buddy," my brother said as he ran to the second team. "[Name], Team 1, Darwin, Team 2." I look at [Name], standing next to me.
She sighed deeply.

"Well, I'm glad to see you on the field, bud. Good luck!" she said as she ran to her teammates.

"Thanks!" I said as she ran toward her team. I watch her high-five her members. Her hair swayed around from the momentum of the high-fives. I felt myself blushing at the sight of it. I quickly snapped myself back into reality and ran over to my brother, who saw everything. "So, lunch is next, you ready to tell her?" he stated. I took a deep breath in. Inhale, exhale. "Yep! I'm totally calm and ready!"

But I wasn't, we haven't even started playing yet and I'm sweating. What will happen if I blow it? What if she has other plans? Oh man, oh man, oh man... I started thinking of all these bad thoughts, but how will this play out?

We'll just have to see...

Authors Note: Hey everyone! I know that I've been delaying with new chapters, but school just started and it's a pain in the ass. But I hope everyone understands and look out for more chapters! -Alex