Chapter Five: On The Bus

(Your POV)
Today's the day. I'm gonna ask Darwin out, once and for all. I wrote a note to my mom saying that I will come home late on the kitchen table.
As I was daydreaming, I was thinking that I can ask Darwin out to the movies. I can buy tickets to that new movie, Zombies Unlimited. A lot of people are going to see it, maybe Darwin would like it.

"You can do this," I said to myself as I made my way to the school bus, where I sat in the back.
"OK, let's see what I would say...'Hey Darwin, you wanna go see that new...movie...UGH!" I whispered to myself. "What do I even say to him?!"
The school bus was bursting with loud conversations, so no one could hear me. Good, no one knew what I was planning. " ' Hey Darwin, I know that new zombie movie is coming out tonight, maybe you'd wanna-" I stopped. Gumball and Darwin got on the bus.
Maybe I should ask him out at the library, I thought as I watched them walk down the aisle. Or maybe when we're walking to Ms.Simian's class. Darwin grasped Gumball's hand and sat down three seats in front of me. As loud as the people on the bus were, I heard the two brothers talking, but all I could hear were the mumbling of their voices.
Wonder what they're talking about...

(Darwin POV)
Gumball and I got on the school bus. I saw [Name] in the back. I had a sudden urge to sit fairly close to her. I grasped Gumball's hand and pulled him to a seat three seats in front of [Name]."Agh! Dude what are you doing?!" Gumball said. " Nothing, uh, let's sit over here!" I said nervously, tugging him. We finally sat down. Gumball sat next to the window, with me sitting next to him. "Dude, why did you tug me?!" my brother exclaimed. I looked around nervously, giving him a wide grin and signaling my head towards the direction of [Name]. "Ohhhhh, I get it. It's because of [Name], isn't it?" my brother asked. "Yep. Today I'm finally going to gather my courage and ask her out. Do you have my tickets?" I asked my brother. He pulled out 4 Zombies Unlimited tickets from his pocket."Got 'em, bud," he replied as he handed me two tickets, one for me and one for [Name]. I let out a relieved sigh, followed by a smile. Gumball looked over and saw my happy expression. I expected him to ask what was the cause of my happiness, but he just turned his head and faced the window. Everyone on the bus was engaged in conversations, everyone but us. We were so quiet, I thought something was wrong."...So, when will you ask her?" Gumball asked, finally breaking the silence. I thought for a moment. "Hmm..." I said.

(Your POV)

The bus was teeming with loud outbursts from the students. I paid particularly close attention to Darwin and Gumball, trying to make out what they were saying behind the screams of students. Very rarely did the students simmer down, but only for short moments. When the kids, surprisingly, quieted down, I could make out the words...
"Today I'm finally going to gather my courage and..."

It was Darwin, no doubt about it. I can hear his faint voice squeaks when he spoke. He also sounded a bit nervous. I couldn't make out the rest of his words, but he was definetly preparing for something important. Was he going to ask me out?! Probably not, but there might be a chance! I started to get and warm and fuzzy, like I was being enclosed in a soft blanket made of warm fuzz. It felt good. I suddenly found myself blushing uncontrollably. I became really embarrassed, and thought that someone saw me acting all cuckoo-bird. The redness of my cheeks suddenly flushed away when I remembered something important:

When will I ask him out?

"Okay, let's not freak out," I said. "Let's go over the possible school locations where I can meet up with Darwin and ask him..."

"Well, there's the library, the school halls..." I stopped. I heard Darwin's voice while I spoke.

"Well, there's the library, the school halls..." he said.

We both gasped. "The cafeteria!!" we said in unison. He quickly turned his head around to look at me, but I quickly hid behind a bus seat. That was so embarrasing!!

(Darwin's POV)
What just happened? Did [Name] and I say the same words at the same time?! Whoa, weird. I turned around to look at her, but she quickly hid behind the bus seat. I turned back around. I stared at the two tickets in my fins.

"See you at lunch," I whispered to myself happily.

Authors Note: Man, haven't got to this story in a while. More to come!
-Alex