five

surprisingly, gen woke up the next morning with no headache or hangover. her mother had no idea of how drunk she was last night and believed her and grayson came in at a 'reasonable time'. today was the first deb meeting and as she's sat in the car on the way with her mom, she wishes she never agreed to it.

" seriously, genesis. the first day and you're going to be late. " annabelle scolded her. gen didn't reply, she just reached over and turned up the radio. her mind kept trailing back to last night. she knew what jeremiah was like and what he would be thinking after seeing her and conrad by the pool alone. it was all just one big headache. the big hat on her head was also giving her a headache.

" okay have fun, honey. " her mom shouted as she got out of the car. genesis gave her a thumbs up before shutting the door and watching her drive off. she should probably get a move on considering she was already fifteen minutes late but this was the last place gen wanted to be.

she started her journey up to where the meeting would be held, contemplating her escape routes once she had gotten inside. she already knew the girls would be there, she liked the majority of them. gen just prayed that gigi wouldn't be on her table. she had no valid reason to dislike the girl, it was purely the fact that gen knew about gigi's big crush on jeremiah. she sighed, reaching up and pulling the ridiculous hat off of her head and putting it in a nearby bin. she wasn't far from the room before she spotted Jeremiah walking towards her.

" great. " she mumbled to herself, contemplating ignoring him completely or acknowledging him. she didn't have to make this decision, jere had already made it for her.

" genesis. " he said when he was a few feet infront of her. the pair stopped walking, just staring at eachother for a second. he wasn't wearing a shirt and gen fought the urge to look down at his chest.

" hey. " she said, suddenly turning very nervous. jeremiah just nodded at her before taking a few steps around her and carried on walking.

" wait! " she called after him, turning around. what was she doing? she had no idea why she had just stopped him.

" i'm sorry. about last night. " she said, looking down at her shoes. jeremiah turned around, crossing his arms over his chest.

" why are you with him. " he said after a few seconds. gen felt like the wind had been knocked out of her. she opened her mouth to reply with a snarky comment but nothing came out.

" the gen i know wouldnt be with a guy that fights people. especially their friends. " he added and gen shook her head. friends.

" why are you such a dick? " gen said. it was a pathetic comeback but it was the first thing that popped into her mind. jeremiah scoffed uncrossing his arms and taking a step towards her.

" the gen i know wouldnt be a fucking deb, either. what happened to you. " he said, he stopped when he was right infront of her face.

" you changed me. " gen whispered. the tension between the two of them was building up by the second. jeremiah reached his hand up, tucking a strand of hair that had fallen infront of gens face back behind her ear.

" i know you think of me when he kisses you. " he grinned, his fingers brushing gens face. she felt as though she could melt into a puddle on the floor. his eyes were looking at her the way they used to, his hand was touching her the way it used to.

jeremiah realised what he was doing and quickly snapped out of it, pulling his hand away and dropping the small smile that was on his face. and then he turned away and left.

. . .

it took gen eight minutes to compose herself after whatever it was that happened with jeremiah. so when she walked through the door of the deb meeting she was nearly thirty minutes late. to top all of that off, she found herself sitting across from gigi.

" is there something on my face? you keep fucking staring at me. " genesis said to the girl, gigi quickly looked away and the table sniggered. she felt shayla nudge her leg from under the table and give her a warning look. genesis was on edge. her mind was a big mess. she still hadn't spoken to louie about his actions last night, jeremiah was too close for her liking and now gigi was about to bombard her with questions about her ex boyfriend.

" that's belly's brother! " she heard shayla say and genesis finally snapped back into reality.

" how's louie, gen? we saw what happened at the beach. " nicole asked and gen shrugged.

" he's fine. he just has a temper on him. " she replied as if it was normal for someone to get so riled up quickly. of course, louie was just defending gen. that's what she told herself anyway. it wasn't the first fight louie had been in.

" how's jeremiah? " there it was. her annoying voice piping up from opposite her. it took everything in gen to not kick her leg from under the table.

" fine, i guess. " she said back, slouching back in her chair and crossing her arms. she kept her gaze on gigi the whole time.

" i'll pass on that you were asking for him. " gen added, a sickly sweet smile on her face. belly stifled a laugh and covered it up with a cough.

" oh, no need. i'll be seeing him later on tonight. " gigi replied, matching the smile that gen wore on her face.

" you know gen, i can't believe you left out how good he is in bed. i mean, wow. " gens smile dropped and she slammed her hands on the table, pushing her chair out. if looks could kill, gigi would be six feet under.

" excuse me. " gen said before storming her way out of the room. she didn't care if she was acting like a child. something in her was pulling on her stomach when she heard gigi's words. jeremiah and gigi. he has got to be playing a joke on her, trying to get back at her for being with louie. as if the universe could hear her thought, her phone buzzed.

louie🫶🏻
hey
i have a free house? come round?

genesis🥵
on the way