sixteen

genesis rode home with steven and conrad, the topic of conversation being conrad and belly. gen couldn't pay much attention though, her head was full of thoughts about jeremiah. about how he was holding belly's hand and how he seemed jealous when he met the boys. gen still loved jere, she loved him with all of her heart. she just hoped he still felt the same.

they all arrived back at the house at the same time, jeremiah being the first to walk in. genesis walked in with grayson, but when she got inside she wished they were still at the boardwalk.

" what the fuck! " jeremiah yelling was the first thing she heard. then she saw it. everything was gone. the pictures susanna had painted of everyone last summer, every piece of furniture. everything that was in the house, was gone. everyone grew silent, taking in what was around them. the air was full of anger. gen looked over at Jeremiah and conrad, both of them seething. the house was as though no one had ever been there. no susanna.

gen watched as jeremiah ran up the stairs. it was like she was frozen. she couldn't move. she could just feel her heart beating against her chest as she heard jeremiah's footsteps from upstairs.

" everything's gone. " jeremiah said once he returned down the stairs. gen wanted to run over to him, hug him and reassure him it would all be okay. but how could see. from where she was standing now, they had lost.

" what the fuck, julia. " conrad said. gen finally moved, looking towards the kitchen to see julia holding a rubbish bag.

" im sorry, this must be such a shock. " genesis didn't believe the words coming out of her mouth. how could someone do this.

" i spoke to your father this afternoon and he and i decided it would be best to not drag things out longer then necessary. " julia began to pick up the last few things, placing them in the bag.

" i don't give a shit what you two decided on. " conrad said. steven and genesis looked over to eachother as they noticed his breathing beginning to get heavier.

" you have no right to touch anything in this house! " the two moved over to him, gen placing a hand on his back.

" conrad. " she said softly. she knew the last thing he needed was another panic attack. he wasn't ready for everyone to find out.

" conrad, breath man. " steven said, standing the other side. conrad shrugged them both off. everyone else was silent as julia and conrad had their argument. it was a living nightmare.

" you know it sucks that our grandfather loved her more then you, but i'm not surprised. " those were conrad's final words before he stormed out of the kitchen. jerrmiah was next to leave, genesis hot on his trail.

" of course dad did nothing to stop her. " conrad said, raising the phone to his ear.

" conrad, what can he do? " jeremiah spoke. conrad quickly turned around, making everyone realise how angry he was.

" jere! he doesn't care about us! " his voice was harsh and jeremiah was took back. conrad turned around again, waiting for his dad to pick up the phone.

" did you know about this? " conrad began to take a step towards skye as she came out of the house. genesis stepped infront of him. she knew it wasn't skye's fault and if he took it out on her, conrad would regret it.

" conrad, come on. " she said, placing her hand on his arm. 

" no, genesis i'm serious. " he said, looking down at her for a second before back at skye.

" i didn't know anything. i swear i would of told you? " genesis looked over conrad's shoulder to jeremiah.

" connie, come on. what are we going to do. " steven asked.

" i don't know! " conrad said, turning around and walking off. this was the lowest she had ever seen conrad. even though he was crying, she could tell how he was hurting. for the first time since everyone had got here, he had no idea what to do.

" we can stay at mine. mom and dad aren't here. " genesis suggested, looking around for everyone's opinions.

" i'm not sleeping anywhere near this house. " conrad snapped at her.

" connie, chill out. she was just throwing out suggestions. " jeremiah said, looking over at genesis. they gave eachother a small smile.

" i know a place we can crash for the night. "