twenty one

jeremiah made his way over to genesis, who was stood folding the remaining blankets. he stood in front of her, grabbing one end of the blanket and beginning to fold them with her.

"oh, hey jere. " she said, giving him a small smile. he returned in. they folded the blanket in half, their hands touching as they grabbed the ends. both of them looked up, immediately dropping the blanket to the floor. they both felt the same spark when their hands touched. after a few seconds, gen reached down and picked the blanket up.

" i'm sorry about your parents. " his voice was soft, watching her concentrate on the blanket, making sure that each corner was perfectly straight.

" don't worry about it. " she said, glancing up at him for a second and showing him a small smile. gen finished folding the blanket, placing it on the seat of the cart.

" i wish you would of told me. " Jeremiah sighed, shaking his head slightly. genesis froze for a second, but jeremiah didn't notice it. he was too busy in his own thoughts. they weren't together, but jere thought genesis would of came to him.

" yeah. " genesis had no idea what to say. he clearly hadn't even noticed that she had called him that day. she cleared her throat before looking back up at him. the air grew thick as the two stared at eachother. jeremiah reached his hand up, twirling a strand of her hair.

" i like it dark. " he said, completely focused on the piece of hair wrapped around his finger.

" anything looks good on you, though. " jeremiah's voice was quiet. but gen heard it. her voice hitched in her throat as she stared at him. he was beautiful. his eyes trailed back over to hers and genesis could see they were full of admiration.

" look jeremiah, i don't want things to be awkward with us. " she said, gently pushing his hand away from her hair.

" and i also wanted you to know that, if you like belly. you should go for it. " his jaw was on the floor. literally. his face was full of shock and he quickly shook his head.

" gen, no. that's not what that was. " he assured her, taking a step forwards. gen wanted to jump on him and kiss his face, but she couldn't.

" i'm just saying, we're friends now. whatever decisions you make, i'm on your side jere. " genesis was lying. if any of those decisions involved another girl that wasn't her, she would definitely not be on his side.

" so if you want to run and jump in that lake, i wouldn't stop you. " she joked, gently pushing his arm. jeremiah looked down, quietly laughing at her.

" i missed you, gen. " jerrmiah said honestly.

" i'm glad that we're okay. " genesis smiled at his words. both of them hated the way they didn't know how to act around each other . at least now they knew were they stood.

" come on, let's go to bed. " she said, offering her hand out to him. Jeremiah gladly took it, starting to sprint back to the rest of the group and pulling genesis along with her.

Jeremiah moved his blanket next to gens and the two lay down staring into the sky.

" look, " he said, pointing up at the bright star. gen followed where he was pointing and smiled.

" there's mom. " he didn't sound upset when he spoke, he sounded happy. gen turned around so that she was facing jeremiah, him doing the same.

" goodnight jere. "