seven

gen woke up the next morning to the sound of her phone vibrating. she groaned, grabbing her phone just as the call cancelled itself. she groaned once more when she saw that the time said eight o'clock, that was early for gen. she sighed, unlocking her phone and finding multiple missed calls and texts off of belly.

" oh no. " she mumbled, scrolling through the texts. all of them consisted of asking where conrad was and if she had heard off of him. gen reached over and began tapping conrad's shoulder, still scrolling through the messages. conrad didn't wake up, he didn't even stir. genesis rolled her eyes before she shoved him hard.

" wake the fuck up! " she said, shaking his arm. he began to stir, moaning about gens methods of waking him up. genesis couldn't help but let out a laugh. how she missed this. she quickly snapped back into reality, showing conrad her phone screen. he took it off of her, reading the texts from belly.

" ignore it. " conrad said simply. gen raised her eyebrows at him.

" how am i supposed to ignore it? she text me like one hundred times. " said said, taking the phone back off conrad.

" just don't reply. " he said it as though it was the easiest thing in the world. as if belly was listening, gens phone began to ring again, a picture of her popping up on the screen. gen showed the phone to conrad and he just rolled his eyes, taking his phone out of gens hand and switching it off.

" no. " conrad said, getting up off of the couch as if he had just told a child off. gen rolled her eyes and watched as he went into the kitchen. she followed after him, leaving her phone on the couch.

" okay so what's the plan? " she asked, watching conrad as he opened the fridge to find something that was edible. after being unsuccessful, he closed the door and turned around to gen, leaning against the fridge.

" i'm going to call my dad. try see if he will answer this time. " he said, crossing his arms across his chest.

" i'll go back to mine whilst you do it, it seems personal. " gen said, trying to find the right words to describe the situation.

" no way. " conrad said, shaking his head and walking over to gen.

" i need you here. you're my support beam. " he said, placing his hands on gens shoulders and shaking her slightly. she laughed, pushing his hands off of her and nodding.

" let's do this. " gen grabbed his phone off of the kitchen side and handed it to him. they sat down at the island, both of their eyes glued to the phone as conrad dialled his dads number. he let out a shaky breath before hitting call. the phone rung for what felt like forever, but on the last ring, adam picked up.

" hello. conrad? " adams voice played through the speaker. conrad looked towards gen and she gave him a nod of encouragement.

" dad, hey. " it was clear conrad didn't know what to say. gen shoved his arm slightly and he raised his arms in defence, mouthing 'help'.

" conrad? hello? you there? " his dad asked after conrad hadn't said anything for a few seconds. genesis face palmed and began to mouth to conrad what to say.

" i've heard that the house in cousins is for sale? why? " conrad said it in the most robotic voice genesis had ever heard. she had to cover her mouth to stop her from laughing. adam sighed on the other end of the phone.