04

MAROON

A CHETHAN STORY

            ☀️                        💌                       🌧

CHAPTER 4

Ethan woke up to a raging headache that was made worse by the bright sunlight shinning through the blinds.

"It's too early for this shit" Ethan grumbled as he placed the gray blanket over his head, sighing gratefully once darkness took over his eyes.

Ethan tried going back to sleep but something felt off, something that even his hungover body could sense. He raised his eyebrow curiously and took off the blanket from his head, his eyes taking in the room in front of him.

Small room, plain white walls, an empty bed on one side.

Am in Enzo's dorm?

No, it can't be, somethings weird.

This feels familiar, these sheets smell familiar, this room feels familiar.

He couldn't quite put his finger on it.

He noticed a bottle of water and an aspirin laid out right on a bedside table. He didn't hesitate to drown the bottle of water as he took the pill.

He slowly sat up from the bed, taking the covers off him entirely, wobbling a little as he took his first steps away from the bed.

He walked around the small room, one side was empty while the other one was semi decorated. He slowly walked over to a desk that was covered with picture frames and a bunch of textbooks.

He noticed the small dainty fairy lights that went along the walls with polaroids hanging off of them. He squinted his eyes to take a closer look and felt his heart drop when he realized whos dorm he was really in.

Chad.

Fuck how did I get here.

His body jolted when his phone rang loudly throughout the room.

He swiftly turned around to find his phone facing down on the bedside table, he picked it up and winced when the screen brightness practically blinded his eyes.

[ NO CALLER ID ]

Ethan stared at his phone for a couple seconds debating if he should answer or not but in the end he felt bad so he picked up.

"Hello?" He said while rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"Hi! is this Eliza Kirsch?"

"No she's dead this is her son," Ethan said bluntly, he's gotten used to saying that a lot now "May I ask who this is?"

"Hi I was just calling to see if your mother was available, but I didn't know she had passed away."