07

MAROON

A CHETHAN STORY

           ☀️                        💌                       🌧

CHAPTER 7

"Ethan!" Quinn let out a breath of relief when she saw her little brother walking through the apartment gates.

Once the ambulance had showed up, the horrified teens were not able to have any contact with their friends until they were done with interrogations, anika and Mindy being the only exception since they were injured.

"I'm so sorry that I left you in there" She whimpered into his chest. Ethan could only hug her as she let the tears run down her face.

Not only was her baby brother in deaths door but her best friend was murdered right then and there.

"Quinn, it's not your fault" Ethan swallowed. Fresh tears rimmed his eyes as everything seemed to hit him at once, Farah was dead. Theo was dead.

Someone was going to have to make the phone call to their family and friends. Someone was going to have to tell Marcus.

Quinn pulled away and sniffled, the air blew her hair wildly and she clung onto her own body for warmth.

Ethan took off his jacket and wrapped it around her arms, she tried to smile but the ends of her lips turned right back down.

Ethan being a lot taller than her made him have to crouched to hug her again. She sighed against his chest and Ethan laid his chin on her head.

"I'll protect you for as long as I'm here Quinny" ethan said quietly. Quinn pulled away and shook her head. "Nonsense, I'm your older sister so that makes you my responsibility."

"My sister, my responsibility" Ethan quoted their favorite tv show, the 100.

"That's sexist," quinn rolled her eyes "just because you're a man doesn't mean you have to protect me. My little brother, my responsibility."

Before Ethan could argue back he felt the wind being knocked out of him as a frame clung onto his body.

"You're safe." Chad breathed out breathlessly as he held Ethan's body against his, stumbling backwards a little bit.

"I'm safe." Ethan replied, his hands that were once hanging in the air were now gripping on chads back. He didn't know what had come over him but he only cared that his friends were safe, his family.

He's okay.

Chad is okay.

I'm hugging Chad again.

I'm hugging Chad and it feels so fucking right.

But it shouldn't. He hurt me in a way I've never been hurt.