Pick It Up

With lunch in session, Y/n was going to eat his meal alone for the day as he had the lurking thought of what Shikimori did yesterday.

A kick, swift and sick that left him speechless for a moment. It wasn't often for someone to be this sick especially when his crush did so to protect him. He wished he could see her in action on the martial arts mat and in public to save him.

"Y/n..."

She was beautiful, the movement that was. She was cool at the same time. Beautifully cool that is. The term "hot" was on his mind but that sounded creepy to him.

"...Y/n!"

Finally the voice of his best friend brought him back to reality and glanced at him with a confused expression. "Did something happen?"

"No... Shikimori had to be somewhere but she told me to tell you that she's inviting you to her house this weekend..."

"Really?!"

Noodle nods. "Said something about her mom wanting to meet you or something... Probably see if you're a good influence to her... I don't know..."

Noodle was awfully quiet. In this matter, he'd hype the h/c up because his crush was taking him to her house. But Y/n decides to brush it off and believe he was just having a bad day.

"Well, if you see her first, tell her I said okay..."

Noodle nods softly before walking away.

Man, something's up with Noodle...

That's what Y/n thought when he silently said goodbye to his childhood friend. At least, until he stopped in place for a moment. He finds the ravenettw shake his head before marching back towards him and slams his hands on the desk.

"Woah, what's-"

"Bruh, you're gonna have to pick up the pace..."

This aura was different now.

No longer can Y/n see the usual lightening mood from Noodle. The first glare he received from him as the boy was actually more confused that scared. Ninety to ten to be exact.

"What are you talking about?"

"Ask Shikimori out..."

That's what the fuss was about. The boy shakes his hands as if he wanted to deal with the situation later.

"I can do it later... I want to-"

Slap...

"Don't give me that... We know you're not gonna do it if you're going to delay this..."

Y/n's e/c eyes widened.

It was a soft slap but that had some meaning to it as he glanced at Noodle who didn't regret the decision at all.

"...Did you just slap me?"

"You got a problem with that?"

"...You're so stupid..."

"I'm not gonna sugar coat this anymore... It's either now or you don't do it..."

What the hell is up with Noodle?

Y/n was confused and annoyed with the awfully persistent behavior Noodle had. Why the hell is pushing him way more than before?

"Noodle, it's fine... I'm just building our friendship up... You know, like those light novel games you play on your phone-"

"Oh my- Shikimori was asked out by Izumi, god dammit!"

"..."

"...Huh?!" He nearly shouted at Noodle.

Where the hell was I when this happened?!

"She turned him down today during our first break! You need to wake up, Y/n because if this isn't a sign to make a move, I don't know what is!"

"...Dyuh-I-I-"

Noodle went on to mock his stuttering before sighed, obviously frustrated. "What is going on with your brain right now? Can't you just try? It's not like your friendship will be ruined if she rejects you..."

"..."

Noodle knew now.

"...You're not gonna do it..."

"I-I will!"

"..."

"..."

"...I'm not putting this bs up anymore..." Y/n's friend turns away from him and walked away again."W-Where are you..."

He doesn't answers as this time he was going for good, slamming the door open and storming out the classroom. Y/n stared for awhile as he lets his friend be for now. Right now, he was invited to go to Shikimori's house.

Though he was ready mentally, meeting her family would be inevitable as he knew this was something he couldn't do on his own. He had to play his cards right if Shikimori's family was going to be there.

"...I need some help... Reina could probably help me out a lot more on this..."