Chapter 3

TANJIRO'S POV:

Zenitsu, Inosuke and I were ready to sleep. We were in our sleepwear and were ready to talk about Aoi. It was too obvious that he liked her, way too obvious.

"Come on! Why not confess, you already hugged!" I complained.

"There's nothing to confess about, GONPACHIRO!" Inosuke yelled. We continued to argue, it was adorable seeing Inosuke freak out.

"YOU WANNA FIGHT? COME AT ME! I DON'T LIKE AOI!" he screeched. Zenitsu and I turned to him, did he just say her name right?

"I mean... MAOI!" he rolled his eyes then hid himself in his blanket.  We laughed at him for being so in love, it was so sweet.

"WHAT ABOUT YOU, MONJIRO! You love Maoi's sister!" Inosuke laughed. Flustered, I argued back, denying it. "Oh yeah! I saw you both cuddling each other while watching a movie! Man... You're so LUCKY! WHY CAN'T I HAVE THAT WITH MY NEZUKO!" Zenitsu screeched. Again, we argued but stopped when we heard squealing from Nezuko's room, the girls were laughing and yelling constantly.

"KANAO HAS A CRUSH", they yelled. My eyes widened, she figured it out. "Did you hear that too?" I whispered. Zenitsu shook his head, we all rushed to the wall to listen. I didn't want to disrespect their privacy but... I couldn't help it!

"...Inosuke... HE'S MINE!!" Aoi yelled. We turned to Inosuke. He was bright red.

"Well I heard that..." Zenitsu said. Inosuke start to hyperventilate and panic, I had never seen this side of him. Then he fainted. He pulled a Zenitsu. We got a glass of water and splashed his face, nothing. I was going to get the girls when Zenitsu started slapping him. He finally woke up, still redder than the sun.

"SO YOU DO WANNA FIGHT! COME HERE, BRO! I'M STILL TOUGHER THAN YOU", he yelled. The two started to fight, I was tired of this. They ended up calming down and eventually, we all fell asleep. Man was today hard.

"Mom? Nezuko? Hanakooo? ...Takeo? Sh-shigeru? Roku-..." 

Blood. Dead. Wounds. Cuts. Blood. Dead.

"MOM!" I yelled.

"WHAT HAPPENED?! WHO DID THIS... WHO... Nezuko, she's still warm... I better hurry up before she... She... Ends up like the rest of my family..."

I woke up, sweating and panting. Everyone else was sleeping, I checked the time. 4:00 AM. I slept for 3 hours... I wiped my face, trying to clear my mind. For the past week, every time I slept I had a nightmare. Even if it was just a nap. I decided to go downstairs to get some water, I was so stressed. My head was throbbing, the image of my dead family haunted me. I walked to the kitchen, tired and distressed.

"T-Tanjiro?" a voice asked. I recognized the voice and the smell. Kanao.

"Hey... Having trouble sleeping too?" I chuckled. She smiled. Her smile was so beautiful.

"You should smile more", I blurted. She stopped smiling at looked at me confused.

"I mean-... I didn't... It's just... Your smile is gorgeous", I blushed. I looked down embarrassed. Someone's hand touched my shoulder I looked up to see Kanao smiling. 

"Thank you", she blushed. "Your smile... It's also nice... It's adorable", she said quietly. I blushed at those words. Was it possible that her crush was... Me? Suddenly, I heard yelling from upstairs. I assumed it was Inosuke and Aoi. They came down the stairs arguing.

"What happened?" I asked, annoyed. They were always fighting.

"HE KEPT SNORING!" Aoi yelled.

"RAOI KEPT MOVING, SO LOUD", Inosuke yelled back.

"AOI!" she screeched. They stared at each other, fuming. You could see the smoke coming out of their ears. I expected them to start yelling even more but something so unexpected happened. They kissed. Inoske pulled Aoi and grabbed her tight, still kissing. Kanao and I stood their, confused.

"Uh... Is this normal?" I whispered. Kanao shook her head. She dragged me to the living room, laughing. "They're making out? At least they're finally together", she scoffed. We sat on the couch, waiting for them to finish.

"Still... Kissin'" Kanao came back from checking on them. "We should just sleep here, I don't think they'll be over soon", I laughed. I meant that as a joke but... We actually did. Originally, we were both on one side of the sofa but I guess we moved around. I fell asleep, with my head on the armrest. Kanao ended up asleep right in front of me. My arm was around her, hugging her tight. It felt nice. She smelled so nice and made me dream peacefully. No nightmares, atlast.

"Kentarooo", Inosuke whispered. I opened my eyes to see Inosuke's face, very close to mine. He was smiling like he never did before.

"Inosuke... Wait... Are you two finally dating?" I asked, excited. Aoi squealed and kissed Inosuke. "Again? How long were you making out last night?" I complained.

"Like an hour?" Aoi shrugged. "How 'bout you, are you two..." she pointed at me and Kanao. I realized I was still hugging her. I jolted up and yelled no, waking Kanao up. "Huh... Ohayooo~... Tanjiro..." she said softly. She went back to sleep, falling on my shoulder. I couldn't help but admire how cute she was. "OHHH... That's who... Ooooooh", Aoi smiled. I looked at her confused.

"N-nevermind... Ino and I are going eat, come when your ready", she dragged Inosuke to the kitchen. I was so confused. I sat there, blushing. Kanao was asleep on my shoulder. DING! DONG! Giyuu ran to the door and opened it, it was Shinobu.

"Giyuu! How are you?" Shinobu smiled, Giyuu did too. Really unexpected.

"Good, you?"

"Good too. Where's Kanao?"

"In the living, I think she's still asleep", Giyuu invited her in, it was rare for him to smile at the sight of her. He often found her annoying. I stared into the wall, not knowing what to do.

"Hey, Tanjiro-... What happened?" she stared at Kanao.

"She... Fell asleep. We couldn't go back to our rooms last night because Inosuke and Aoi kept making out so we fell asleep here. I woke her up but she went back to sleep", I explained. Shinobu smiled before yelling out for Inosuke and Aoi.

"YOU GUYS MADE OUT? ARE YOU TOGETHER. WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" she screeched. Eventually, Giyuu calmed her down and was less mad. She was a little overprotective. Just a tad. Kanao also woke up, rubbing her beautiful, violet eyes. She looked so cute, like a little baby. "Good morning... Huh... OH! Tanjiro! I'm so sorry! I was cold and I-... I'm sorry I cuddled with you last night! And for keeping you here because I fell asleep!" she hid her face, blushing. I started to smile, so adorable.

"It's okay Kanao, I enjoyed it. It was the first sleep where I didn't have a nightmare, thank you Kanao", I smiled then walked to the kitchen. WHY DID I SAY THAT? I said that I enjoyed sleeping with her and cuddling! I was so screwed.