Chapter 7

Aoi invited Inosuke over for a date which got Shinobu really mad. But I was glad he came, he could help me out get ready. He wasn't that helpful though.

"Aoi! Control your boyfriend!" I complained.

"Inosuke! Did Tanjiro say anything about the date?" Aoi stared deep into his eyes.

"He made me promise I wouldn't tell..." He looked away. I never knew he could be loyal. After begging for a while he finally gave in.

"He said he wanted to take you to a picnic. And that you looked like an angel. STUPID PONJIRO HAHAHA! HE SHOULDN'T HAVE TOLD ME! HE SAID HE WANTED TO BE WITH KANOA EVERYDAY" Inosuke laughed. I knew we were dating but I felt embarrassed. I started to blush.

"Thanks Inosuke! Now let's go to my room-"

"NO. AOI YOU'RE STAYING RIGHT HERE", Shinobu yelled. I thanked them and ran up to my room, I had 3 more hours till Ponjiro- I mean Tanjiro was going to pick me up. Picnic wear. Picnic wear... A dress? I can wear a dress! I rummaged through my closet to find a beautiful floral dress. It was a light purple and looked absolutely gorgeous. This is the one, I thought. I quickly put it on, it perfectly matched my new hair clip and the necklace Tanjiro gave me. I fell on my bed thinking about him, I was so in love. 

I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!"

"Hey Kanao! I wanted to help you with your first date~~" Kanae and Shinobu hummed.

"You didn't do this when Aoi went on her first date", I muttered.

"That's because her date was just making out", Kanae laughed. They both agreed that the dress was good to wear. They wanted me to do a different hairstyle so I could... Amaze Tanjiro. We tried different styles and letting it loose was the best option. Shinobu put the clip in my hair and Kanae did my make-up. Nothing much though, just mascara, blush and lipgloss.

"I'm sure you won't be needing the blush though. I swear, every first date is always just blushing", Kanae laughed.

"I'm surprised No Eyebrows can blush", Shinobu mumbled. Kanae rolled her eyes. After a while I was ready, just waiting for Tanjiro. I couldn't wait to see him. To hug him. To hold hands with him. To kiss him. I fell asleep on the couch as I was waiting, I guess I was tired.

TANJIRO'S POV:

I was ready. I was at the door of the Butterfly Estate, I was just too scared to ring the doorbell. I gathered up the very little courage I had pressed the button. DING DONG!

"Hey Tanjiro! Kanao fell asleep... You mind waiting?" Kanae laughed. I smiled then walked in to see her peacefully sitting on the couch. She looked so cute. Before I could sit down and wait, she opened her eyes.

"AH!... H-hey..." She smiled. I stopped smiling to admire her... She looked amazing. It was the first time I've ever seen her with her hair down. When I noticed that I was staring, I immediately started to blush.

"She's that beautiful, huh?" Kanae laughed. I got embarrassed and rubbed the back of my neck. I put my hand out for Kanao to take, I was so happy to be with her.

"Where are we going?" Kanao asked.

"There's a place for picnics... I thought we should go there. Plus, it looks beautiful at night", I smiled then led her outside. We talked and talked, holding hands. My heart was exploding everytime I looked at her. I couldn't believe she was my girlfriend! Kanao! My girlfriend! We arrived at the river and walked over to this beautiful cherry blossom tree.

"It's beautiful, Tanjiro!" Kanao exclaimed. She looked around in her dress, admiring the trees. Suddenly the wind blew, a cherry blossom fell down on Kanao's nose. So beautiful... I couldn't help but stare.

"You're beautiful... Kanao... You look adorable", I smiled. Kanao blushed then turned away.

"You too Tanjiro!" she laughed.

"I look beautiful?"

"No! You look adorable. And your personality is too", she chuckled, "shall we sit?" I turned red hearing that she thought I was adorable. I couldn't stop smiling. I had so much fun just admiring Kanao. I know it's kinda cringy but I... Fed her? Kanao's small little bites made my heart flutter. Everytime she took a bit, she smiled. It was so cute!

"You're right. It is beautiful at night", she stared at the moonlight bouncing off the water. Her hair fell down to her face, I slowly reached out and tucked it behind her ear. Then I thought, WHY DID I DO THAT?  I quickly panicked at acted like nothing happened.

"Thank you Tanjiro. See I told you, you have an adorable personality", she smiled. She pulled me in for a kiss. I think I just fell in love again. Suddenly, I felt water dripping down.

"Uh... Maybe we should go back to my house", we quickly packed everything up and ran to her house. It was already 9 so we couldn't see much. We ran in the rain laughing and shielding each other with my coat. Her smile was so precious, I kept looking at her as we ran. We stood outside the door, shivering in the cold.

"Today was great, Kanao. Thank you so much... I love you", I kissed her.

"I love you too... Y-you should come in, you'll get a cold"

"No, no, it's fine. I don't think Shinobu would accept-"

"It's fine! I don't want you to get sick", she dragged me into her house. Since we were soaked, she got us some warm towels to dry off.

"Uh... I don't have extra men clothes... You wanna wear some girly clothes?" Kanao laughed.

"I'm fine, I'll just... Try to dry my clothes. Uh... Where should I stay?" I asked.

"My room... I-I have a mattress", Kanao blushed and dragged me to her bedroom. It was so big! It was purple and had a lot of butterflies, I guessed everyone there also had butterfly themed rooms since it was called the Butterfly Estate. I helped her pull out the mattress and put it next to her bed. Kanao got changed while I dried up my clothes, luckily she had some mens shorts that fit me. I changed my pants and stayed shirtless, waiting for my shirt to dry.

"Tanjiro I found some extra pillows and a bla-" Kanao stared at my chest. With a shocked face, I immediately grabbed a pillow and covered myself up. Kanao was wearing an oversized shirt and a white shorts, she tied her hair again.

"Here", she said, red. I awkwardly set the mattress as Kanao got in her bed.

"Goodnight~"